>.< Helpless...

KeP

Hello...My name is Kristen and this is my first post here ^^

I wanted to just ask for a little advice...I'm a freshman in high school and there's a guy that I really like. Thing is, I have never spoken to him, I don't know his name, he's a junior, and I'm the shyest person this side of Jupiter. I don't really think that he's popular, however (I never see him talking to anyone so it's not likely he's going out with anyone...

I asked a friend of mine, and she said I should try smiling at him when I pass him in the hallway, but every time I see him I get extremely nervous and fluttery. Obviously, I have absolutely no dating experience...but I really think I'd like to get to know him.

Any advice?

If you don't know him that well I would be careful because it is most likely infatuation that you are feeling, which means it will probably wear off soon.

As for tips...My friend used to drop her books in front of the guy she liked and when he would help her she'd say "Hey! You're so and so! I'm so and sue! (hahaha! sorry, bad pun on my part.) It's nice to meet you" and she would smile and be on her way. Well, after that everytime she saw him she would smile and sometimes wave and gradually they began to become friends.

Hey Kristen!

Umm... typical teenager issue lol... I've been there a lot of times (obviously the way around, because I'm male lol).

Well I definitelly think Inconceivable's suggestion was good; what you have to do is find something to break the ice and dropping your books in front of him will first test his "kindness" and will force him into some small conversation.

One thing that I did when I was trying to catch that someone's attention was looking at her for some brief seconds, until she eventually noticed. Then, I would turn away, and after the second time I would smile at her... it worked fine for me that time: we became good friends; too bad she already had a boyfriend, and I was leaving town (It was a student exchange) lol.

Whatever you do, I would like you to know a bit of my philosophy (XD lol): To me, this age is just for getting to know people and like "rehearsing" for the time you get to know the person of your life lol, so you don't need to be down if you don't exactly succeed lol... However, you sound like a great girl and I'm sure that once you talk to him, he'll melt to you and be yours

Good Luck!

D1whoutf

P.S.: don't hesitate to ask if u got any other doubts lol, we are here to help ^_^