Ask For Advice

Thread: Short term relationships

easyguy
    Platinum Member

Short term relationships

Typcally, how short is a short term relationship? A few months? A year?

Thanks.

Sn0man
    A short term relationship can range from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. After that, it's a relationship, usually lasting at least 6 months, depending on your age. It depends on the couple.

MetallicAguy
    Silver Member
    From my perspective, varies from a week (LOL!), to around 3 months.

Prosper

None

It might not be the time that matters, some say short-term relationships, meaning high intimacy, high passion but low commitment basis.

And you might be surprised, they last for years but both parties get to see each other on a low frequency account

greenowl88
    I'd have to say a short term relationship would be anything under about 2 months, with no emotional attachment.

RayKay
    I think this depends on the context - when you are really young short term might only be a week, and long term anything over two months...when you are older short term can develop into anything under 6 months or a year.

So, you also need to look at the emotional involvement in the relationship, quality of relationship and the relationship as a whole, rather than just length of time.

Top Threads
How come I can't magnify the good?
I've noticed a pattern in myself as I get older; that I tend to inflate and ruminate over the small things and overlook the good, specifically when
He doesn't want me to share a photo of us together online
I sent him a photograph of us today (which he had initially sent to me himself, saying how much he likes it) and asked 'Is it okay if i put this on
Don't want to break up, terrified of moving in and her anger
So my girlfriend and I have been through a lot in the last five or six years, with many breakups and ups and downs but finally I feel like we're both
my boyfriend mom is my boyfriends girlfriend, thats just the way it seem!
Ive known my boyfriend for years, but, we never dated UNTIL a year ago. And some things has start to bother me about him and his mom relationship
Herpes
So someone i know just found out They have herpes. Tbey have been in a Relationship for a little over a year And never been with anyone else She
Overly sensitive boyfriend
I am having serious problems with my overly sensitive boyfriend. I love him but Im at the point I am not in love but I really want to be and I want
Do I need anger management?
Over the past 9 years I've never had 1 steady relationship. And after being hurt so many times by different people that were involved in my life

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
my boyfriend mom is my boyfriends girlfriend, thats just the way it seem!
Ive known my boyfriend for years, but, we never dated UNTIL a year ago. And some things has start to bother me about him and his mom relationship
Disconnect
This might sound weird I never brought it up to anyone. Does anyone else feel a huge disconnect. What I mean I always feel like I'm just reading a
Wife thought I shaved body hair I never had, is she cheating
I had my shirt off this morning and my wife of 23 years asked why I shaved my shoulder hair. I have never had body hair from birth on shoulders
5 years together, no reason for splitting..
Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this. Um, so. My girlfriend of 5 years (i'm 25) split with me. And i'm torturing myself over not
How do you know when it's Love?
I've been dating a man since early November. I met him through mutual friends and we spent a lot of time being friends only before we started dating
Tired of being alone
I work two jobs and go to school, I only have one night a week where I am off before 10pm and on those days I'm off at 6:00. My life is crazy but
Playing the field - When do you stop talking with other people and go exclusive?
I'm about two months into the dating scene after getting out of a four year relationship. I've matched with a number of women on Tinder and Bumble
Ask For Advice