Ask For Advice

Thread: Short term relationships

easyguy
    Platinum Member

Short term relationships

Typcally, how short is a short term relationship? A few months? A year?

Thanks.

Sn0man
    A short term relationship can range from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. After that, it's a relationship, usually lasting at least 6 months, depending on your age. It depends on the couple.

MetallicAguy
    Silver Member
    From my perspective, varies from a week (LOL!), to around 3 months.

Prosper

None

It might not be the time that matters, some say short-term relationships, meaning high intimacy, high passion but low commitment basis.

And you might be surprised, they last for years but both parties get to see each other on a low frequency account

greenowl88
    I'd have to say a short term relationship would be anything under about 2 months, with no emotional attachment.

RayKay
    I think this depends on the context - when you are really young short term might only be a week, and long term anything over two months...when you are older short term can develop into anything under 6 months or a year.

So, you also need to look at the emotional involvement in the relationship, quality of relationship and the relationship as a whole, rather than just length of time.

Top Threads
Are Political Differences a Non Starter?
PLEASE be careful to talk about the question itself and not the politics-- I've never thought this a question until now... Can two people
Am I over-reacting?
My boyfriend and I have been together 5 years and he has recently moved down to live with me. Recently, we seem to be drifting apart and I hate it. I
Boyfriend has a crush on another girl
So my boyfriend and I have been together a year and we're usually together about 99% of the time when we're not at work. Recently things have been a
Break up threats
So, I'm a little hesitant to post about this but I'm rather distressed and need some perspective on what the right way to move forward is. Been
Boyfriend losing interest is there anything I can do to get him back?
My boyfriend of over a year is losing interest in me. Is there anything that I can do to get us back on track? My insecurities have built a bit of a
Looking for an insight
Dating a girl a few weeks who got out a long relationship a few months ago At first her ex went no contact when he found out about me , they speak
GF once had two month fling with hitcchhiker she picked up ..... that's right: a hitchhiker
My GF told me she once picked up a hitchhiker, and they wound up staying together a couple months, backpacking. Her take is that because she was so

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice