Ask For Advice

Thread: Short term relationships

easyguy
    Platinum Member

Short term relationships

Typcally, how short is a short term relationship? A few months? A year?

Thanks.

Sn0man
    A short term relationship can range from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. After that, it's a relationship, usually lasting at least 6 months, depending on your age. It depends on the couple.

MetallicAguy
    Silver Member
    From my perspective, varies from a week (LOL!), to around 3 months.

Prosper

None

It might not be the time that matters, some say short-term relationships, meaning high intimacy, high passion but low commitment basis.

And you might be surprised, they last for years but both parties get to see each other on a low frequency account

greenowl88
    I'd have to say a short term relationship would be anything under about 2 months, with no emotional attachment.

RayKay
    I think this depends on the context - when you are really young short term might only be a week, and long term anything over two months...when you are older short term can develop into anything under 6 months or a year.

So, you also need to look at the emotional involvement in the relationship, quality of relationship and the relationship as a whole, rather than just length of time.

Top Threads
Some help ladies
What does it mean when a girl shows a lot of hope for us and verbal effection but then I break trust and now she says she only liked me but now the
Found intimate pics of bf on Internet
Hi, I've been with my guy for 5 months but known him much longer. Overall he treats me well and is a good guy but I keep finding things about him
Does the "Girlfriend" Label Really Matter??
I really want some honest insight so Iím going to post a lot of background. Iím recently divorced and have been separated from my ex for over a year
New girlfriend has a history of serial cheating and promiscuity.
Hi everyone. So judging by the title of this threat youíre probably thinking ďobviously donít get involved with this girl, youíre just begging to be
My boyfriend of almost 3 years has been lying the whole time.
I don't know what to do, or how to forgive him. We have been together for almost 3 years. We have been perfect, we have a 1 year old little girl
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
Long Distance Boyfriend Suddenly Wants Zero Commitment?
I hope I can get my head on straight by posting this here, and appreciate all advice possible. I've been dating my boyfriend Long Distance for

online counseling
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice