Ask For Advice

Thread: Short term relationships

easyguy
    Platinum Member

Short term relationships

Typcally, how short is a short term relationship? A few months? A year?

Thanks.

Sn0man
    A short term relationship can range from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. After that, it's a relationship, usually lasting at least 6 months, depending on your age. It depends on the couple.

MetallicAguy
    Silver Member
    From my perspective, varies from a week (LOL!), to around 3 months.

Prosper

None

It might not be the time that matters, some say short-term relationships, meaning high intimacy, high passion but low commitment basis.

And you might be surprised, they last for years but both parties get to see each other on a low frequency account

greenowl88
    I'd have to say a short term relationship would be anything under about 2 months, with no emotional attachment.

RayKay
    I think this depends on the context - when you are really young short term might only be a week, and long term anything over two months...when you are older short term can develop into anything under 6 months or a year.

So, you also need to look at the emotional involvement in the relationship, quality of relationship and the relationship as a whole, rather than just length of time.

Top Threads
Girlfriend flies off the handle for asking for me asking to discuss an issue
Girlfriend says she is going to watch a movie then go to dinner with her family, which I'm cool with. Fast forward a little later into the night she
I think he's considering a break up... I want to turn things around
Hi guys, My boyfriend and I have been dating for a few years. I've always struggled with the issue of being supportive of him. I think he's
My Boyfriend Told Me He's Embarrassed of My Past
First off I apologize in advance for how long this is. I'm just sadly one of those people who have to over explain to feel like you get it
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Can My BF possibly have a double life?
So my boyfriend has never given his second mobile number which is of a smartphone (I am aware that he has it! and has used it around me, so its not a
What the heck ! shady guy , very confused !
Hi everyone! Sorry for writing so much I hope you have patience to read it! Thank you for your help! I have been going out with a guy just as
My boyfriend "punishes" me and treats me like a child
My boyfriend treats me like a child Today he got mad at me because I made him wait for nothing. We were at college and we had class at the same

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice