waitng tables

I used to be a waiter at Fridays. It was a cool place to work, I have an outgoing, friendly personality so I get along well with people and that really pays off being a waiter. You meet a lot of people and have a chance to improve your social skills and make good money at the same time.

I think Fridays is a great place to work because it is nice, yet not too nice. I would make, depending on the shift and what day it was, between $35-$120 bucks in tips.

I can't really compare being a waiter to another job, it is pretty unique. I liked the experience.

Hey I have been a waitress for years now, I do it part time now, cause I stopped and missed it. I started when I was 14 at a Nursing home, then I worked at Friday's too being a Server Assistant, now I am at a place called Kahunaville. I work in the night club there too. I have been doing this for 11 years now. WOW!! You definitely need to have a friendly and out going personality. Your personality makes your money and if you are on top of things. That though is something that you will have to learn and get used to comes with experience. People say that anyone can do that job, but some people can't handle it. I make at least $80 a day the restraunt usually walk with more than a hundred though, depends how busy you are. I also bartend in the nightclub where I work and make like $300 or more a night. I love this job because you will always leave with money in your pocket. When you stop doing it then you will find that you miss it. You just have to remember that you are going to have good days and bad days, that is just the business. But from my experience I have always had more good days. Don't let the job stress you out, it is a fun job and remember that even on really bad days(everyone has them). Don't worry if you are just starting out for the first time as a server, you will be nervous but don't sweat it there is nothing to it. Another good thing about a serving job is most places are really flexible, with schedule wise, especially if you are in school. Hope this helped you a little bit. Good Luck

Currently Im a waiter at a local Sushi bar. Tips I make change every day, sometimes I make $40 a night, sometimes $60 a night, the most I ever got was during valentines day I got over $100.

Compared to my past job (McDonalds) I'd say its worth it. Tips are always a plus, it give you something to look forward to at the end of the day.

• 4 weeks later...

I worked at a Holiday Inn. I am very lazy. I was only a drink (it wouldn't let me say *ocktail) waitress, I was too lazy to do food. It's hard keeping folks from getting wasted, but the money was cool. The better I looked, the more I made. Guys made good money where I was too, 'cuz there was a whole lot of middle aged ladies that paid 'em to just talk to them and pay them some attention. Middle age men rock, the tipped five ten bucks just for you to pour a beer and pay some attention to them too. Blue collar folks were much better than blue blood, or couples, unless they became your regulars.

Hotel bars are cool. You get to network, and I did find a job in a ad agency from the owner of the agency that hung out in the bar. You also get to meet people relocating to the area since there jobs put them up until they find a place to live, so you get first dibs on lot of folks coming into the area.

I usually brought home at least a hundred a night, and since they had a band usually, you are are at the party and getting paid to be the host. I didn't bartend, they made more. Did have some bad nights, for meaness I think my boss booked a polka band, I made 'nutin.

Go for it and invest in a good pair of shoes.