Some answers please.

oh you are funny. Why should your parents give you money so you can live on your own? You should just be grateful that you even have a house and food and parents who care about you enough to make sure that you have a place to live. I don't know what the laws are in canada, but in the US, parents are responsible for their children until they are 18. A child can fight for legal emancipation if there are extreme circumstances like abuse or neglect. Look, you'll be 18 very very soon. You'll be out on your own then and will have plenty of time to worry about how to pay your own rent and buy your own food. Teenage years suck, get over it. You'll be an adult soon enough.

the reason i want to move out is because there is abuse in the house.. my older sister had a place to go when she wanted to move out.. she went with my grandparents but they love below me now.. my aunt takes me in a lot.. but i dont want her to have to do that anymore.. she has her own kid and they have problems and they don't need mine.. so if i had my own place i wouldnt have to go to her place when my parents were drinking or whatever. I dont mean to be ungreatful or anything but ive had enough of my parents and have given them many chances, but my dad keeps hitting me and my mom keeps drinking.. im sorry for anyone who thought i was being selfsih er w/e i should ahve explained the situation better

*leah_mac*

Oh sorry. This is an entirely different situation altogether. Can you talk to a school counselor about the abuse? As you know, this is not a normal, healthy situation. Yes, you do need to get out of there. Your dad should be in jail. Can you maybe ask an aunt or uncle or cousin or grandparent if you can move in with them? Maybe they can talk to your mom about having her move out of the house, so she doesn't deal with the abuse anymore. I hope you manage to get out of there.

last year i went to the consuler about everyhting and child services got involed.. it was a mess and tore our family apart.. i have my own consuler now.. only because im not aloud to be in school without one.. the school thinks i inflict cutting and encourage others to do it.. which i promise i dont.. that would be a sick thing to do.. but i cut because of my home.. ive had 5 consulers now..and none of them have gotten me outta the house.. they think its just me and are putting me on anti-depressants. So this is what ive tried so far.. is there something im not doing? or am i over reacting?

*leah_mac*

Life might really suck, but moving out right now would be a very bad idea. Most people who leave their parents when they are young end up having quite messed up lives. Not all, but many do. Many end up stealing, working as prostitutes, or in prison. You might not end up like that, but it is probably a bad idea still for you to move out.

Why don't you finish your education first so you can get a good job and then you will be able to move to a better area. Where ever you go, you will need to support yourself (don't depend on your parents to support you). So first stay where you are, finish school, get a job, and THEN move out.

Good luck!!!

i know i should stay.. but if my parents gave me like 300 a month or maybe less.. and i had a job where'd i get 400 a month and an aparment would only cist 375 a month,.. and thats everything included.. and i would still go to school.. cuz i can juts get the bus.. in the end id end up having extra money for food and stuff too.. do you think if i told someone how much i thought about it and worked everthing out they'd change.. i just reallly need to get out of here.. all my parents do is bring me down.. and i just can't take it anymore.. ive tried to kill myslef because i hate it here so much.. and i cant even do that.. i just cant do anything anymore.. and my grades are dropping like crazy beacsue im stupid and always crying cuz my parents are drunk or screaming at me.. i thik im ready to move out thoe.. i can give myself a better life than what my parents are giving me