do u have to have good grade n be smart to make good money?

do you have to be smart and make good grades during your school years to make good money when you've graduated? Can someone who barely passes make good money? I guess you dont HAVE to go to college do you?

I've change my perspective of things lately, i dont think you have to make good grades to be wealthy... but thats me... any thoughts on this?

i agree with you dude. though it depends on what way you intend to make money. you could fail all through high school and never spend a day at college, and get filthy stinking rich because one day you randomly came up with an idea for a car that doesn't run on gasoline, and you'd make billions. or you could be the child of a rich company ceo who gives the company to you, and you really don't know anything about the place but you get all the money, and everyone else does everything for you because if they don't you can fire them. hmm, that sounds cool.

me, i'm going into art. i know i won't be a rich man when i'm older, but i don't mind because i don't want to do anything with my life besides make art.

Depending on what kind of job you want to have in the future, a lot of businesses will require you to have a degree of some kind. This means you need to actually go to college and pass if you want that kind of job. I think that as long as you make at least a 3.0 GPA in college then they shouldn't have a problem hiring you unless you totally lack job experience. Employers are more concerned about your skillset and previous jobs but you have a much better chance of getting the job if your GPA is higher (and if you got the degree in the first place). Again, this all depends on what you want to do. What do you want to do?

It is always possible to make good money even without good grades. People do it all the time. But it is harder to make a living without a good education. Many careers are closed to you without a degree and at others you may not advance as fast without a college degree.

If you have good business ideas and are interested in being an entrepreneur in the future, then good grades become less important. However, if you want to obtain a position with a company that is going to pay you a decent salary, then you will definitely be competing with other people with univeristy degrees. So, if you go into an interview with only a high school education or some community college and are competing against people who have been to well-known universities, you're probably going to miss out on the really good opportunities.

Let's face it - just because someone has a college/ university degree does not automatically mean that he/ she is "smart". Heck, I know a guy who just got a degree in political science, and whenever I read his papers, they sounded like they were versed by a 9th grader. However, a college/ university degree will help you get your feet in a lot of doors and will allow you to prove yourself.

I would say that an education is more valuable in terms of life accomplishments and quality of life in general, rather than money-driven happiness.

Lots of people make good money with little education. But many, many more make good money because they have a good education.

So hedge your bets - get the good education and then try to make good money whatever way you can. You will always have the qualifications to fall back on if you need it.

THE TRADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your about my age, right? Our parents are a HUGE generation who didn't have a ton of kids themselves. Soon enough, they are all gunna retire, and the trades are paying goood money!! My brother doesn't really make stellar grades, but he is great in wood work and mettal work! Those trades people can make an arse full of money if they are good at what they do, and know a touch about business.

Being smart is one when of making money, but not the only!

Good luck

Jimbo.

It's difficult but not impossible to make good money without great marks in school.

My best guy friend went through half of grade 11, didnt graduate... was always getting suspended... but he still makes 25 grand every 2 months. That is a rare case.. but it happens.

But why not get really awesome marks to graduate... so you leave your options open... wouldnt it suck to go thru high school with the thought that "oh well, i failed that class, I dont need it to make money"... and then you graduate, and you're stuck because you dont have the right credentials to get a great job?

Just a thought.

Good luck

tanned_production