How do you subtly let a girl know you like them?

CamaroJoe

I get along with girls really great. I don't show my nervousness if i get nervous. And just have a good time. And i know i'm hott and girls flirt with me and if flirt back (half the time i dont' even think i'm flirting but people who hear me talk say i am).

But my question is, what do you say to a girl to let her know you're interested in them more than a friend but not coming straight out and saying it?

Compliment her a lot and pay attention to her even when other girls are around. I think basically treat her differently than you would with other friends. (ok i'm not very good at this.. guys usually ask me out when i had no clue they liked me more than friends )

If you know your attractive and are great with girls.... why can't you just get up the courage to ask for a date? The 2 longest couple relationships i know of, are 2 friends of mine. They strategie: Just ask!

Worst thing that could happen is the word "No" and it isn't as bad as you play it out to be in your mind.

I asked her. We've been out. She's even been to my house in the middle of the night to do an 'online quiz'. but i didn't make a move on her. I find her VERY attractive, and she's cool which means i like her and i want it to work. I dont' want her for just a 'booty call'. And I want to show i'm interested in her for more than her looks. But she is hott!

So now what?

she is coming over tomorrow to do another quiz. I'll probably ask her if she wants to see a movie afterward...What about Valentines day? What could i do for that?

*in reality, even though we've been out, we don't really know a whole lot about eachother.

One way to let a girl know you are interested is by paying attention to her in ways you don't for others:

Look into her eyes when conversing a little longer than you do for others.

Really listen to what she says.

Smile at her more than others.

When you are in a group and a third person is talking, keep checking back with her. It shows that you think she is more important to you than the person talking. And when you are the one talking, talk to her more than the others combined. When she is talking, don't look at anyone else.

Ask her opinion about things.

Smile at her.

Never, ever make jokes at her expense or be sarcastic in front of others.

If others do, don't laugh or join in, if possible defend her position (don't start fights)

If you touch her, especially her hands, hold her a fraction longer than you normally would.

Warning: don't stare as if you are stalking her, smile like Norman Bates, or grope her. Subtlety is the key.

If she starts to respond in similar ways - you may have to ask for more advice...

I have to say I love it when a guy really listens to me, so it's a double win, you show her you like her and you show her you care thus making her like you more.. well i find it attractive anyway, The guy i have a crush on right now is like this. The minute I speak, he faces me and leans in, like whatever i have to say is REALLY important, it makes me feel special and it's one of the reasons I fell for him!

QM. xxx

This wat u do if u dont want to come right out and say it. u get a rly close friend of yours if u to punk to ask her. u make him go over there and ask about u just clu her in like tell him to ask her wat she thinks of u. see wat he says and then eventually u r gonna have to just straight out ask er but at least now u have a clu of how she thinks of u. Thats all the advice todays from the legendary p.i.m.p

• 6 years later...

I don't personally find that "being listened" to or "smiled to" is a great indication that guys are interested in dating you. To me anyone who respects you and your time at a minimum level would at least do that. I also don't mind laughing at myself, and I like to poke fun at others - if a guy stepped in to defend me when I'm laughing at myself, I probably wouldn't think we are on the same wave length when it comes to humour. Granted there is a limit to the amount of jokes before it gets old.

I can also completely ignore the person I'm into if I am having a good conversation with someone else (assuming they aren't standing right next to me).

To me the biggest sign is eye contact, but not just looking at someone when they are talking - but sort of the 2-3 seconds deep gaze. Please don't stare at her eyes though. That combined with physical proximity, flirting and touching is pretty much enough. They can sometimes be wrong, such as my gay friend would also meet all those criteria but at least it's not wrong for the most part.

To me, your list would not really indicate any further interest except for the first point, but I guess I may just happen to date the more aggressive extroverted types?

• 3 weeks later...
I don't personally find that "being listened" to or "smiled to" is a great indication that guys are interested in dating you. To me anyone who respects you and your time at a minimum level would at least do that.

I have to agree with this.

Also, my experience is that even if you are a good listener, women will often turn their attention to the talkative guy because they tend to stand out. The good listener, meanwhile, often is perceived as more passive and less social.

Archived