A POST FOR ALL THE GUYS!!!

HAHAHAHAH...

Oh boy you've been fed the line... afraid of commitment?

For some its afraid of getting hurt,

some its cuz they have another girl they are having fun with and don't want to ruin that,

some its because they don't want to be in a relationship,

some because, they don't understand what to do,

and finally... some might be gay... haha (unlikely, but heard of one story from a friend b4)

Anywho. Sorry you've been fed the line, give it some more time, see if there is another girl... if so then *shrug* can't do much. I would hate for a girl to nag me like that.

Commitment is big for us, we just don't like being tied down damnit... you do that and its really unattractive.

ForAnother

Not talking from experience here but, from observations

I have seen many reasons why guys (and few gals) are afraid of commitment. One reason is that they are afraid that if they settle down with one person that another that is better and more fun and what not will not come around because they are with someone or that they wont be able to brake out of the relationship to go after something "better." Another thing I have observed is that many males just enjoy the single life stile too much, to really settle down for a committed relationship. They like the polygamy life stile and are afraid that they would (most likely) be trapped into a monogamy relationship. Then there the ever popular (especially in the adolescent oh high school) not getting in a serous relationship so they don't have to spend a lot of time and money on the other. This actually carries into the adult world, and leads to my next observation. That males some times feel like if they were to get into a committed relationship, that they would not have any time to there self no time to just hang with the boys and all that... another reason may be that the guy believes some of the horror stories of being in a committed relationship, such as the girl starts taking over the guys life, and that the relationship gets a drag after a wile and even the fear of getting tied down for life. Unfounded as those may be they still can keep a guy from committing.

Also interestingly the human species is really neither a Polygamy or monogamy exclusive species. There is actually this chemical that I can't think what the name is now that in the wild creates or prohibits monogamy. Its released in the pheromones of sweet and semen, and if this chemical (sorry I for got the name) is in high amounts it helps create a total monogamy in the wiled and if its in small to none in amount then the creature is going to be a polygamy species. Well this is all in the wild and humans are not chemically run organisms (not totally we use our brains more to dictate behavior) but this does play a factor in why some humans are players (so to speak) and others find one and are set for life.

Hope that helps

Good luck

JMT

That is an excellent question. Go figure, maybe it's not that we are afraid of it, maybe it's the girl we're with that make us feel like we don't want to be commitment. Is it me or women always ask for more? if you give them what you think you should give them they try to go get what you think you should keep to yourself?

I have 2 little girls, a house, 2 cars, joined bank account, etc. and my girlfriend, the one I call my wife, tell me I'm afraid of commitment because I don't want to marry her... So what is commitment? putting the ring on the finger or all the rest that really matter?

So to answer the question, I'm afraid of commitment (marriage in my case) because I don't want to end up like my father with all the family debts, all my clothes in a green bag and paying child support while my significant other get all the benefit of being a poor abandonned women just after I paid for her 8 years university studies... in fact I don't call this being afraid of commitment, it's not wanting to lose everything if the relationship turn out bad and god knows it's a possibility.

Some guys don't go that far, commitment for them is seeing a girl regularly and they don't want that because they think a "standard" relationship is like a prison and to say the truth... they are right.

are u asking because your bf has fed u that line? if so, it's prob not that hes afraid of commitment but that he doesnt want to commit to u. i've done that before. i just couldnt see myself marrying the girl after a while so i told her that i was afraid of commitment, or i implied it anyway.

tbenson2

I think abcjmt summed it up pretty well. Also Ramirez's point is a good one particularly when it comes to people over 25, after that age, serious commitment means serious financial commitment as well as emotional commitment.

Just a note to you Ramirez, I don't know the laws where you are but here being someone in your situation it doesn't matter whether you are married or not. You would still be hit up for most of what you own, child support etc. if you ever separated. Responsibilities are responsibilities regardless of whether they are formalsied by a marriage certificate. But I do agree it is a very real fear for guys (and girls too).

No, i do not have a boyfriend, just wanted to know your guys' opinions of what you think a fear of commitment is....thats all....i am interested in someone that has very strong feelings for me, but is afraid of commitment...but he did not tell me this, i can just tell, becuase he gets close, then pulls away...and i can tell that his feelings for me, and being afraid of commitment are 2 different things to him. his fear of commitment does not affect his feelings for me, becuase i am not the "nagging, bi*chy type girl, and i let him have space when he needs it, and he knows this and appreciates it.

so anyways...NO I DID NOT GET FED THIS LINE!!!

thanks for your responses...KEEP EM' COMIN'