Ask For Advice

Thread: Why does my ex suddenly want to hang out with my friends?

jd21

Why does my ex suddenly want to hang out with my friends?

My ex broke up with me a little more than one year ago after we were together for almost 3 years. I took it very hard and did all I could to get back together but he insisted that he wanted to be single in college. About 5 months after we broke up I met someone and we started dating. I am still with him and I love him very much. We have a great relationship and I finally realized that everything happens for a reason. Well anyway, recently, out of nowhere it seems, my ex has been calling my best friends both at home and at college wanting to hang out. We haven't talked or seen each other since the break up except twice, which was just coincidental. He also supposedly has a girlfriend. Some of my friends agreed to hang out with him after he called them all many times. This did bother me and I felt a little betrayed by my friends. My friends told me that he asked why me and him couldn't hang out together. He also recently imed me and asked if we could be friends, which he said meant just hanging out from time to time. I honestly have no desire to be friends with him. Although I have moved on and am over him, he is my ex and he did hurt me. Also, I don't think that my boyfriend now would like em hanging out with my ex, which I understand and I do not want to mess up what we have. It just seems so bizarre to me that he is contacting all of my friends, especially since they were never close. They hung out with him when they saw me but that was it. It seems that he is determined to hang out with me, which I don't understand especially since last I heard he had a gf. Can anyone make sense of this? Also, is it wrong of me to be upset that my friends hung out with him? Any advice would be so helpful.

Lisaann7898
    I think he has been thinking about you alot and trying to figure out how to reconnect. I think your friends are harmless, but need to realize there are unspoken boundaries with a friend's ex, unless they were friends before you got with him.
    I think you should communicate your feelings to all parties with calmness and that what you choose to say is for the right reasons.

littlelaxer
    this might sound weird and only make sense in my head but maybe he views ur friends as kinda a way gettin close to u withouth actually being with you. Cause lets face it, there are tons of people out there in the world does he really have to talk to YOUR friends. I wouldnt worry about ur friends, of course they should always ask if its alright with u if they hang out.....it would just be a ncie thing to do. And it doesnt seem like hes zoneing in on one friend, right? so no worries there

id say if u dont wnat to be friends wiht him, tell him or just dont respond to him.....he should evenutally get the hint. Id say talk about it if all this contiues.

Top Threads
Help!!!!! I want my ex back but I cheated!
I've been in relationship with this guy for 3 years now, and through that time we had our ups and downs. One of them, was his anger. Whenever he
Ex and Adult Hook Up Website Question
Hello there, I have a silly question that I probably know the answer to already, but I thought I'd post just to see others opinions. I ended
Ex girlfriend weird behavior
Hello, and nice to meet you. So I've been single for like 3 months and me (22 years old) and my ex (19 years old) like to go outside for a drink like
Gf meets ex
Guys, my gf wrote this msg to her ex (eventhough she says she never dated him? She did tell me after meeting him that they met, but not these
Ex is acting weird..
Me and my ex broke up around three weeks ago. We have two children aged two and five. We hadnít been getting along for a while, and both of us wert
My ex-bofriend refuses to tell his ex-girlfriend he started seeing us both again
I will start from the beginning.....About 10 months ago I started to hang out with a long time male friend who at the time was in a relationship with
what does it mean
So after three months of being broken up with, my ex contacted me. Saying that she is moving back into town Temporarily till she's financially stable

Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice