I'm 25 years old and I have some friend's who have kids and I go over to theri house to play with their kids and hang out with them. i don't know, but for the last 4 months, every time I see a family with little kids at work or a little kid who says "Hi" to me. I'm like "Man, I wish I had kids of my own". Is it weird for a guy my age to be thinking about having kids, even though I'm a single guy?

I knew I wanted kids when I was 17 years old. Not that I wanted them right that moment, but I couldn't wait to be a father. I worked with kids quite a bit in high school and college and I really enjoyed it.

I had my first when I was 26. And now I wish I had them a little earlier! So there's nothing wrong with wanting kids. Just make sure you've got the right partner first

Is it weird for a guy my age to be thinking about having kids, even though I'm a single guy?

No, it's perfectly normal.

I've wanted kids for as along as I can remember, although more seriously since my early teens. I get very broody, particularly recently as most of my friends have settled down and started to have kids of their own.

nope not at all. i have a good friend who has step brothers and sisters that are ages 5-10. whenever he is watching them or has them over to his house i make sure to stop by. most of the time i have more fun with the kids then i had the night before trying to have fun at the bars. i am 26 and i wasn't always this way but in the last few years i have really wanted to have kids of my own. i guess that is just our human biology that all of a sudden we start wanting kids of our own. though like you i am single and for me it's a real pain in the butt to find a woman worth starting a family with!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a female perspective. I don't think it's weird. I think everyone comes to a point where they are ready to have kids. I had my first at 20, and then 2 years later had my son, and now my hubby and I are expecting our third. I also teach kindergarden so I guess you either become a kid person or you don't.

Besides, kids are much easier to deal with than adults, LOL.