((Is he "On the Rebound?))

As I read back on my past post on Enotalone it amazes me how I never listened to myself... My conscience always told me exactly what I needed to be wary of when dealing with certain people but I just turned the other cheek... So here I am again. Trying to rationalize things when my conscience is waving the red flag in front of my face. So I'll tell you all the situation again.

For the past 3 weeks I've been seeing a man that I met at a previous job. He's 36 I am 24. He is gorgeous. The type of man that you would see in a "GQ" type of magazine. I am aware that it is unhealthy to think this way but I at times I can't help but wonder why he seems so interested when he can clearly have any one he wants. We are affectionate towards each other but I don't want things to get out of hand. I refrain from being too affectionate b/c we are still getting to know one another and he is very respectful. The problem is this: He brings up things about his Ex girlfriend more than often. Not comparing me to her but just speaking about how it did not work out between them because she was not ready for a relationship and how he wishes it could have worked out. He has not spoken to his Ex since July. I asked him if he would go back to her if she came back into his life and he says he would not. I would like to get closer to him and I feel that he would like to get closer to me also. I don't want him to get closer to me b/c he feels needy or lonely then ends up dumping me once he comes back to himself or ends up staying with me out of obligation since he is decided to be with me. How will I truly know if he is "on the rebound?" Should I even address this and how would I address this issue without him feeling tha I am patronizing him since I am so much younger than he is?

**Any perspectives will be highly appreciated**

On the Rebound

link removed

WHOA! He tells you he WISHES things could have worked out with his EX??? Oh, no! That is a HUGE red flag, diva! I mean, it is about 8 feet tall and 12 feet wide! HUGE!!

It is one thing to talk about an ex, but to openly say you wish it had worked? Uh, excuse me! What the blankety-blank am *I* here for then!?

He may be GQ, but he has no respect for you and I would say rebound isn't the issue here.... He does not seem to me to be looking for anything serious or deep and I would run before you get hurt.

Hello Diva,

What I gather from your post is that the guy's still on rebound. It would be helpful if you could take baby steps in this relationship, until you become certain that he's over his ex...

I truly think that following a separation, everyone is entitled to a little longing for the ex, but that should diminish with time...

Cheers