Gymn Manager

Hi there! Does anyone know what kind of job a Gymn Manager do? It's literally means look after the gymn of course but what exactly it involved? I'm sort of sports event organiser and am planning to swap field.

Would appreciated if anyone could give me some advices.

Hi,

One of my friends (also female) is the manager of quite a big gym where i go to to try....lol...and stay fit. From what I gather she is not involved in the day to day contact with staff, rather she is overseeing the whole operation which included managing staff, financial control, training, resolving problems and so on.

hope it was of some help, maybe if you know a manager have a chat and ask them what it is like. t/c

In my gym (im a personal trainer) the Club General Manager oversees the operations for that club. Underneath this person are the HOD's who meet with the CGM like the personal training oordinator, sales manager etc. the CGM basically makes sure each section is running smoothly. They also have to make sure they are in budget. This is perhaps what most of the time was spent ensuring.

So while the HOD's in your gym will report and meet with you, you will need to report and meet with the state managers(in a chain of gyms)

Hope this helps a bit.