Baby Names

I love the name Joel!!! Joshua is cute too. For a girl I like Katherine and then you can call her Katie. When she gets older it can be Kate or Kay....it gives a lot of options! How about Madison, it was the number one baby name for 2004. Emma was high on the list too!

Sometimes you just think about what you think the baby will be in personality. What about naming the baby after he or she is born? Do you know which gender the baby is?

What about just intuitively picking the name. For example, which name you do feel strongest about? One for a boy, or one for a girl? Whichever it is you feel strongest or best about, go with that one.

It's a privelege for parents to name their children. Many times I see that what the parents name their baby was the right name for the baby, as each name has a meaning.

Do you have a Baby Names book with meanings included? Try that. Go to a bookstore and look or look on the internet for meanings and names. Go with your inner sense of what your child's name is supposed to be. You'll do just fine, you'll see!

CONGRATULATIONS!

11fLOWER

Hi Flower...we do have name books but they are so confusing. Thanks Caramella...I really like some of those names. I think I might just put all the suggestions into a box and pull one out and go for it.

Could be the first baby named by enotalone!!!!

No we do not know the sex. Want a surprise.

I like unusual names to a point, but I also think the trend for first names that sound like last names is pretty saturated at this point. Everyone is naming their baby MacKenzie, trust me. Or Kaitlyn.

Is there a special town, state, country you like? Maybe you could give your child its name, if its a good one. I know someone who just named her daughter "Aspen" after her favorite city in Colorado. I always liked the name "Catalina" - it's an island off of California, I think.

How about the first or middle name of someone in your family you really care about? That's a nice honor to give them (and its nice for your kid, again as long as its a good name).

hi

well, i am only 20 but when i have kids in my late 20's (i think) this is what i would name them

for girls i like: Gabrielle, Bella, Alaina, Noel, Arden, Ivy

For boys i like: Devin, Gavin, Luke, Bennett

hope one of these click for you,

let us know what you decide,

mimi20

Wow, I have never heard of some of these names. I always thought MacKenzie was a guy`s name? Possibly because of Mackenzie Crook the actor.

I think some celtic names can be really lovely like Tiernan for a boy or Mairead for a girl but then my family is Irish so I am quite used to hearing these sorts of names.

Boys- I like more traditional names-Issac, Ethan, Daniel.

Girls-I like quite a lot of foreign names. I think the russian name Raissa is lovely ( pronounced Rye-ee-sa). Also like Annoushka, Esme, Honor, Lily, Alexia

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Picking a name can be really hard! Personally I try to stay away from names that everyone else picks. I will want my children to stand out; to be unique like myself and Aaron. Nothing embarrassing, but I love interesting and exotic names. One thing I like to do is to take a somewhat common name, like Kyle. Then you tweak the spelling a bit. So for me, I have picked two names that I definitely want to use when we have kids, and Aaron has picked one too.

For the girls:

Ciol (pronounced sort of like Kyle)

Syvana (pronounced Savannah- this is the name Aaron likes)

For the boys:

Cian (pronounced Sean/Shawn)

But the real key is to just keep plugging away. Think about the important aspects that go into naming your child. A name reflects something about a person.