I CANT GET ALONG WITH THEM!PLEASE HELP

OK SO HERE IT IS..EVER SINCE I RANAWAY FROM HOME I HAVE BEEN TO D.H WAS ON HOUSE ARREST AND GOT PUT ON PROBATION. THE SAD THING HERE IS THAT IT SEEMS AS IF NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO SHOW LOVE TOWARDS MY PARENTS. THEY BUY ME THE WORLD BUT IT SHOWS THAT MONEY CANT BUT HAPPINESS. THEY THINK THAT THEY CAN SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AND ME AND YET I CANT DO ANYTHING. WE ALWAYS FIGHT. AND HE THINKS THAT I AM SMOKIN. I AM BUT MY MOM LETS ME BUT DOESNT TELL ON ME....(DONT ASK) DONT BOTHER SAYING U SHOULD TALK TO THEM BECUZ IT DOESNT WORK. SO FORGET THAT IDEA. IM JUST CONFUSED AND IM NEVER HAPPY ALL THE GUYS THAT I WERE WITH BROKE MY HEART AND MADE ME FEEL WORTHLESS. AND THEN THERES MY PARENTS WHO LOVE ME BUT DONT SHOW IT. I JUST WANT TO SHOW THEM HOW MUCH I LOVE THEM BUT THERES THIS POWER OR ANGER INSIDE OF ME THAT WONT LET ME SHOW THE TRUE INNER FEELINGS THAT I VALUE. HOW CAN I BE TRUE TO THEM AND SHOW THEM THAT IM REALLY NOT A BAD KID AND I LOVE THEM AND WANT TO CHANGE. I JUST DONT KNOW HOW.

Have you tried a bit of counseling to see if you can get at the anger thats inside of you? Maybe if you could figure out the reason for it you would have an easier time showing love to your parents. Then with time the trust between you all could come back and the situation would improve.

I'm not sure what you mean by DH. I haven't seen that abbreviation before.

16 is a tough age. You are getting ready for adulthood and wanting to get out into the world. And your parents still see you as their child and want to protect you. So it can be a real struggle for both sides.

Well you'll have to be willing to try something a little different. You said you want to change and thats fantastic. The only way things will improve at home is with a little communication and that means talking to people.

I'm not saying you should go to a counselor and be ready to tell them everything on your first visit. What I am saying is find someone that you can really trust. Some counselors are better than others. Or even a youth pastor or something. Try talking to them a few times and see if you like it. After all, what do you really have to lose?

Sorry, but I agree with Avman. This is a much bigger issue than it may seem on the surfact, and you really need to get to the root of the problem. Counseling is a good way to do that. No one is saying it will be easy, but it *will* help.

If you really want to change, then you have to be willing to do things to bring about that change.