Is he trying to make me jealous??

LiveLoveMusic

I have a crush on this guy, Jacob. I've known him for 5 months or so now and I constantly flirt with him and try to send him the message. Our friends tease us sometimes, constantly say we should be together and have even made up a 'love kite' to represent our relationship. He texts me first a lot and uses a ton of smiley faces and wink faces. He stares at me in class and is always trying to make me laugh. He also acts as though he enjoys spending time with me. But recently (within the last couple weeks) he's been pointing out other girls wearing short shorts or saying how he likes the schools gym uniforms, soccer uniforms etc. he also doesn't text me as much as he used to. He still acts the same besides mentioning other girls. Is he just trying to make me jealous? Has he moved on? Or is he just trying to see my reaction? I really like him and I'm wondering if this is a sign that I should tell him how I feel.

Hi LiveLoveMusic,

Guys can be just as hard to read as girls. I would get him somewhere private if you can and ask him if he's interested in anyone or likes anyone at the moment. If he mentions another girls name straight away, then you know it's probably not you.

Also, does he flirt with loads of other girls as well? If a guy does this then sometimes it can be a sign that you're just another bit of fun, but other times, he could be hiding the fact that he really likes you but can't quite make the move.

If you're not brave enough to actually ask him out or ask him how he feels, then theres no real way of knowing apart from trying to keep an eye on his body language.

Why don't you suggest going for a coffee or that he helps you with his homework and see how he acts when you're both alone?

Some guys mention other girls or hot uniforms or looks because they're nervous or don't want you to know they like you.

The only way you'll really know is if he tells you or you ask him. Try and create a situation where that can happen in private.

Best of luck!

- Lolita

Archived