Should I be worried???

popa

I have been dating this girl for the past two weeks but have known her for a much longer time. I am so deeply in live with her. Just recently she told me she wanted a break. She said she needed a break because she need to get over another guy ( this guy she has known for a while and was in live with before we started dating). At first I was angry, sad, just flat out emotional. But after we talked, we came to an understanding that she just needed to take a step back and reevaluate and that it wasn't a break up...just a break. And that means she didn't want to be in any relationship for the time being. She said she sees a strong future together and stuff like that. It's hard to explain but from how we talked, I believe her. I come to this forum seeing if I'm just kidding myself or if I should wait.

I have been dating this girl for the past two weeks ... Just recently she told me she wanted a break. She said she needed a break because she need to get over another guy

Dating for 2 weeks and already she wants a break?? Um, yeah .... that's her sign of saying - "dude, I'm really not interested in dating you anymore - I'm just not into you".

Take the hint and move on. You're 17. I am assuming she's the same age. Very very young and plenty of time and plenty more fish in the sea.

This one is over, OP. No, don't wait for her.

People who are into you and ready to date you don't need breaks after 2 weeks. She is also talking out both sides of her mouth if she says this isn't a break-up but she doesn't want to be in any relationship for the time being - that is a break-up.

Sorry, man. She's not into it.

Agree with the above posters. She is not ready, still has feelings for the other guy and needs to get herself sorted.

Never a good idea to date someone fresh out of a relationship as there are residual feelings that will need to be processed. Anyone who says otherwise is only kidding themselves and those foolish enough to believe them. She's not ready, but when she is and she believes you are the one for her - she will come for you.

Thankfully you've only invested 2 weeks into this romantic aspect of your relationship and she had the respect for you to cut you loose.

Archived