Would a colonoscopy know that you had anal sex?

Im getting a colonoscoy done, and i have had anal sex before. Would the doctor know this? And if he did would he tell my family? Because i am only 16 The last thing i need right now is for my family to know that ive had sex with another guy. ... please does somebody have advice?

The doctor cannot tell your parents anything. It's against doctor/patient confidentiality rules. Your doctor will ask your parents to leave the room for the procedure and then you will be able to ask him in private. A good doctor will also give you any important news in private, away from your parents.

They probably wouldn't be able to tell you've had anal sex specifically unless you have it right before the procedure.

Although, I do have to wonder why you are getting a colonoscopy and if you are having trouble with that part of you body, maybe you should refrain from anal sex for a while. I know that it's embarassing, but you should probably talk to your doctor about how to have safe anal sex. Trust me, a doctor has heard and seen everything! They are not allowed by law to tell your parents something medically confided in them.

But if you're worried about if the doctor will be able to tell if you've had anal sex in the past, the answer is NO!

I would imagine if the anal sex was recent then the doctor would be able to tell. Potentially if there was some damage done by lack of lubrication that would probably be detected.

There is a doctor-patient confidentiality that he/she cannot disclose the results of your exam unless you have given express permission to that person. Since you are a minor your state might require the doctor to tell your parents if he feels there is something wrong so it is hard to say for sure.

I'm one of those nurses that shes2smart was talking about.

I'm not sure of the legal age of consent for where you are, but i can see absolutely no reason for the medical team to even care if you have had anal sex.

Obviously, we have a duty to report and signs of what appear to be abuse, but is not the case for you, so again i see no reason to tell your parents and any attempt to do so would be a breach of confidentiality.

And trust me, no one on the medical team will care about your sexual practices or habits. We see all sort of things. Anal sex is pretty low on the list of "freaky" stuff we come accross.

I'm one of those nurses that shes2smart was talking about.

I'm not sure of the legal age of consent for where you are, but i can see absolutely no reason for the medical team to even care if you have had anal sex.

Obviously, we have a duty to report and signs of what appear to be abuse, but is not the case for you, so again i see no reason to tell your parents and any attempt to do so would be a breach of confidentiality.

And trust me, no one on the medical team will care about your sexual practices or habits. We see all sort of things. Anal sex is pretty low on the list of "freaky" stuff we come accross.

Well, if he's a minor of 16, couldn't abuse still be a consideration?

Well, if he's a minor of 16, couldn't abuse still be a consideration?

Yeah, this is what I was going to bring up. In the medical office I work for, we don't have many minors..but on the occasional under age patient we're required to let the patient's parents know what is going on with the patient and what type of procedures, etc will go on.

I guys bring up more then even I thought about. What if they think im being abused? which im not. That would be even worse! espicially if they call in social services or something. Oh god. And i only had anal sex once, and it was about 2/3 months ago.

Once ever? You SHOULD be okay on the detection front.

It's an acquired taste. The first time I did it, I swore I'd never do it again. The next time wasn't as bad, but still didn't feel right... the third time DING DING DING, it was quite nice.

You never know.

HAHAHAHAHAHA ... was it with the same guy?!?!?! lol

Archived