Hello, so this guy that is not my boyfriend. We have been “talking/dating” for about a year now. However, he initially moved down here for school with his now ex gf before we met. They were stuck in a 12 month lease and he told me when the lease was up he would not renew. However, because we are in medical school and cannot work as much, he was not able to come up with the funds to move out on his own and has now renewed his lease again with the ex girlfriend. Should I move on or just be patient? There is more to the story about things that have transpired within the year, but that is the gist of it all.

"Not able to come up with the funds to move out on his own..."

So he chooses to continue living with his ex.

Do you not see this as a BIG. RED. FLAG. They are still together, he's stringing you along. You should "drop by" and tell his "Ex" that you two are dating and you understand that they need to live together because they are "Not able to come up with the funds to move out on their own..."

Now... do you see how silly that sounds?

If they've got the separate rooms necessary and broke up amicably enough, I say more power to him. His dating life will probably be a struggle, but if this choice makes his medical school any more comfortable, it's his quality of life to gauge.

That said, if it bothers you, it bothers you. If you're getting anxious even before actually dating him, then it's probably a good sign to find a better match. That much is fair as well.

It's not his "ex". He's cheating on her with you. Stop seeing him. It's a waste of time.

Hello, so this guy that is not my boyfriend. We have been “talking/dating” for about a year now. However, he initially moved down here for school with his now ex gf before we met. They were stuck in a 12 month lease and he told me when the lease was up he would not renew. However, because we are in medical school and cannot work as much, he was not able to come up with the funds to move out on his own and has now renewed his lease again with the ex girlfriend. Should I move on or just be patient? There is more to the story about things that have transpired within the year, but that is the gist of it all.

Archived