I fell for a guy on a chat site. He is 12 hours away from me in a city where a lot of my family lives. We both have told each other we share feelings. We have talked for almost two years now, off and on by facetiming, snapchating, phone calls and messaging. He is so kind and honestly, everything I've been trying to look for. He helps me with my anxiety attacks and I help him with his daily struggles. No matter how long we stop talking, he will message me to ask if I'm okay and we will continue talking.

He has told me that he has to meet me no matter what. These feelings are real.. like love real. I never knew I could fall for someone over the Internet, but I did and I'm so confused.

I pray about this daily because no matter what he is always on my mind. Like even if I am with someone else, this guy still is on my mind. I would move up there, but my parents do not like the idea of it because we met online.

What if I meet him and it's not worth it?

Or even worse, what if I don't meet him and end up regretting it.

I need advice. Just someone to talk to me about this please.

Hi,

You will never know if you don't take a risk. I think you should meet him to see if there is anything there. Just remember not to go with hopes up too high. We can build up a fantasy about someone so easily through online. Wait until you spend time with him in person. Then you will see how one another truly acts.

Lisa

Take the leap and meet him. Don't let it drag on any longer. You are at the point where you think you are in love with him. What if he's not what you think he is? What if he is? Just cut the chase and meet him. You will drive yourself crazy if you continue on like this.

Archived