Hi I’m 13 and I’ve been dating this sweet boy for 8 months by tomorrow. I’ve never dated before him so I’m not experienced on how to show my love, like at all. We went on a double date once to our high schools play. We were in the play together and so we went with a couple that we’re close friends with that are in the play with us. His mom and siblings were rows in front of us so we weren’t alone at all. Tomorrow I’m going to Kings Island with him. Kings Island (KI) is an amusement park in Ohio. My family’s really tight on money with all the medical bills from my brothers surgeries and chemo over the past years. I wasn’t going to get a pass to KI because it’s expensive, but my grandma front Washington State got my brother and I one. My boyfriend was sooo excited when he found out that he immediately wanted to know what day we could go together. We decided that we’re going to go tomorrow, which I literally just realized it’s also our 8 month anniversary tomorrow. I am freaking out because we’re going to have alone time sense we’re going to ride a couple rides and then meet up with his mom and siblings and then go ride a couple more rides. So his mom won’t be with us all the time and I hate how I look. My mom keeps reassuring me that he loves me for me and that he’d never judge me, which I know is true. The thing is that I hate wearing shorts around him because I think my legs are fat and he’s way more fit than I am. I’m sooo excited but sooo scared. I need advice on what I should wear that would attract his attention and make him know I put effort in what I’m wearing to empress him. I don’t want to over empress him tho because I don’t want to feel like I’m getting a lot of attention from him or his family just because of my clothes and hair.

Please give me advice on what you think I should wear to ride the rides. I have bangs and bad acne under them. I know that my bangs always fling up on the rides and get really messy. I don’t want him to see the acne, so what should I do?? Please give me advice on what I should do with my hair also.

Finally, sense it’ll be our 8 month and I don’t get to see him much sense it’s summer. What do you guys think I should hive him? I normally make him a gift but I don’t know if he reads all the notes or really likes the gifts. Please give me advice on what you think I should give him that would mean a lot to him and show him that I truly love him by also that doesn’t cost anything because I don’t have money. I’m terrified of what tomorrow will bring. Please help me.

Thanks for reading all of this.

OP you wear what you feel comfortable with... and something that will be comfortable to wear on rides without you having to pull it down / up / sideways etc. If it's warm then jeans and a tank top or cute t-shirt with some sandals / sneakers that won't fly off your feet... don't carry a big bag that will get in the way while you are on rides... and bring a shirt / jacket to wear over top in case it gets chilly.

Your hair is going to do what it's going to do on the ride, just bring a brush with you so you can run it through your hair once you get off the ride... if you have one of those spiral pony tail holders that don't dent your hair, throw your hair into a pony or bun while you are flying around and take it out once you are off.

Your mom is absolutely right... if he loves you for you he won't judge you and is probably just as nervous as you are! Just be yourself and have fun and don't do anything you don't feel comfortable doing.

OP you wear what you feel comfortable with... and something that will be comfortable to wear on rides without you having to pull it down / up / sideways etc. If it's warm then jeans and a tank top or cute t-shirt with some sandals / sneakers that won't fly off your feet... don't carry a big bag that will get in the way while you are on rides... and bring a shirt / jacket to wear over top in case it gets chilly.

Your hair is going to do what it's going to do on the ride, just bring a brush with you so you can run it through your hair once you get off the ride... if you have one of those spiral pony tail holders that don't dent your hair, throw your hair into a pony or bun while you are flying around and take it out once you are off.

Your mom is absolutely right... if he loves you for you he won't judge you and is probably just as nervous as you are! Just be yourself and have fun and don't do anything you don't feel comfortable doing.

Thank you sooo much!!!

Aw, don’t worry about your acne. He loves you for you, pimples or not.

I had some pimples when I was around your age and was hyper self conscious about it. When I look at photos of myself from that time now I’d like to go back to the girl I was and tell her how laughable it all was. This isn’t to diminish your feelings and I understand that you probably are very focused on your perceived imperfections, but I almost guarantee you are the only one to even notice.

If it makes you feel a bit better, put a dab of make up on problem areas. Honestly though, if you’re going down rides the last thing he’ll pay attention to is your bangs out of place and acne hidden underneath them. Just have fun! Be confident and laugh and enjoy your time.

I also agree to wear something comfortable. Dresses and skirts are going to be very impractical so if you have a cute pair of jeans or leggings wear those and one of your favorite t shirts or tank tops. And yes, a sweater for when it gets a bit colder.

I heard about Kings island just recently and want to go myself sometime. I hope you have fun!

Do you have a good skin care regimen to fight those pimples if they bother you?

Archived