Is my girlfriend ungrateful?

GeeKay

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for 8 months now I am a student and my campus is some miles away from home (distance relationship). Things have been moving very fine and the love between us grew and i do sucrifice a lot of things for her. Unfortunately lately she seems not to trust me and when we argue she insults me a lot of which I told her that I don't like it when someone insults me but she still repeat the same thing, During the new year's eve I had to withdraw the only money I had in my account and sent to her half of it thought she could understand my situation as a student but she never did. It was yesterday when she was sick and didn't have money for medicine. I am a full time student and I stopped the job I was doing and so i didn't have money i had to sell one of my stuffs and send her the whole amount so that she can buy medicine, after some time she sent me this text, "you did but u still lie to me.

I don't believe that u sent me a K100 n yu got nuntin.i think u also have.

I dont believe you bcoz even new year u said u only have K300 and sent me a k150..of which I think you lie .thats y I can't believe you". After reading this I was very disappointed because I try by everything I can to help her. I then started to send my mini mobile bank statements to her that's when she just sent a text saying,"I now believe you". What can I do because I don't want to lose myself in a relationship where my efforts are not being appreciated. Help me. Thank you

Why isn't her insurance or her parents covering medication? It sounds like you do not know her very well and she's using drugs or a scammer or con artist. Get rid of her asap and block and delete her.

-distance relationship.

-she was sick and didn't have money for medicine.

-i had to sell one of my stuffs and send her the whole amount so that she can buy medicine

-I don't believe that u sent me a K100 n yu got nuntin.i think u also have.

She possesses a lot of dealbreakers for any person with self worth seeking a longterm partner. She's financially unstable, relying on a doormat to finagle money out of. She's verbally abusive. People who are mature and caring can argue constructively without belittling someone. Please stay single for a while and concentrate on your education. You're not ready to date right now, until you're able to spot red flags and are able to recognize when the garbage is so smelly it's time to take it to the side walk.

She possesses a lot of dealbreakers for any person with self worth seeking a longterm partner. She's financially unstable, relying on a doormat to finagle money out of. She's verbally abusive. People who are mature and caring can argue constructively without belittling someone. Please stay single for a while and concentrate on your education. You're not ready to date right now, until you're able to spot red flags and are able to recognize when the garbage is so smelly it's time to take it to the side walk.

Good advice, again!

Wow....I mean....she is literally shaking you down for money like an experienced hustler......and you are tripping all over yourself to give money to her AND sending her your bank statements???? I mean....where is your common sense or even any sense of basic self preservation here....any little voice inside of you at all screaming at you that this is all very very wrong? This goes way beyond disrespect. You are being coldly manipulated.

Also, she needs money for medicine? Where are her parents, her health insurance, and if she is totally broke, then her medicaid (medicaid for those who are ill and without financial resources of any age as opposed to medicare for the elderly). I'm sorry OP, but you are being taken for a fool and getting scammed by this girl. Not just used, but flat out scammed. This is way beyond just being ungrateful here OP.

You heard all of them, GeeKay, and they all seem to agree and so do I. There are signs when a relationship is beginning. The good signs are selflessness, sacrifice and putting the other person’s interest before yours. You seem to have that. Now there are also signs we can call red flags such as abusive language and demeanor, looking down on you, being unappreciative and selfish. We all saw that and I hope you do as well. As this relationship goes on, all these will escalate, and many times you will have invested so much in the relationship that it is painful to let go despite what is happening to you. So, consider our suggestions. Even if she is the most beautiful girl in town, you might find happiness with someone else. This are all opinions but I hope that you consider them, GeeKay.

Archived