Tinder in NYC

RKO

I've been over in NYC for a month now (from UK) and have perused tinder a little in this time.

This is more of an opinion thread than anything else but I have no idea how you guys can use it here (not sure what it's like for women) it's a completely different vibe to how it is in the UK.

Seems most profiles include every social media they have, if you match I found more or less they ask immediately to follow their Instagram.

A lot of pictures are provocative, scantily clad or pretentious looking.

Those that I did briefly chat with were quite clearly there for an ego boost,.no intention of dating at all.

I honestly think if you're from there and struggling with dating in general etc get off tinder/bumble. It seems very posionous

I live in Western Europe and stopped using Tinder some time ago, it's hard to have have some sort of conversation. I travel to London on a regular basis and the Tinder vibe is very different over there, people are more relaxed. If you are looking to meet new people, try Facebook expat groups or meetup groups.

What are you using tinder for?

If you don’t want to chat to pretentious or scantily clad people then swipe left or delete if you have swiped right and don’t like what you see.

It’s what you make of it, not what others want from it.

I use it to chat to people and date.

My personal experience of it over in New York has been horrific.

I can see why people from the states on here really hate the app and frown upon it so much

Tinder is sketchy. If you are looking for a quality woman, you might try elsewhere. I say this because I am a woman who tried Tinder and quickly figured out that the men who use it expect one thing from the women...and it isn't quality.

Archived