When someone calls you "love" - what does it signify if anything?

dcgirl

So last night the guy that I've been dating for 2 months called me "love" for the first time. And he did it twice. Do you all think that is just a new term of endearment he's using or do you think that he is starting to feel feelings of love?

The context wasn't that serious, it was more like we bumped arms and he said "i'm sorry my love" and i forgot what the other scenario was but it was similar to that one.

Calling you "love" and calling you "my love" are two different thing IMO.

The guy in the deli accross the street from my job calls me "love" that means absolutely nothing.

If he's calling you "my love" i don't know if that means he is in love with you but I do think it's a good sign. Either way I wouldn't put much weight on it.

I have a few friends I use the term "love" with... not "my love" which I would agree constitutes a different meaning perhaps. But "love" is just a term of endearment for me... someone I'm close to who I do love, but in a non-romantic way. For example, I have a friend whom I emailed last night and in signing off I said something like "Okay love, it's getting late and I need to get some sleep." Just a term of endearment.

-Kevin

Archived