"i want you to realize what you lost"

sickoflosing

is this some kind of sick joke? why would anyone ever say that to another? i feel that this phrase is just a cruel type of punishment to even mention. its very confusing and also a way of giving one a sense of false hope. what is ENA's thoughts on this? if this was said to you or you have said this to someone..i ask WHY?!? and those who heard it..how did this make you feel afterwards?

is this some kind of sick joke? why would anyone ever say that to another? i feel that this phrase is just a cruel type of punishment to even mention. its very confusing and also a way of giving one a sense of false hope. what is ENA's thoughts on this? if this was said to you or you have said this to someone..i ask WHY?!? and those who heard it..how did this make you feel afterwards?

i think if you're the dumper and the dumpee says it to you, then it was obviously out of spite. this is understandable imo. i don't understand why a quote like that would give anyone false hope. if you're saying 'i want you to realise what you lost' it's not going to give you false hope unless they dumped you and said it.

My thought is... Why would you have go out of your way to make someone "realize what they lost." And what do you have to gain by seeing your exes show pain in your absence? I think it's a last minute cheap shot as if to say, "You screwed up and that's why I'm doing such much better without you because I found somebody better than you." I never believed in doing that, even if my ex had dogged me and wronged me in every which way. I have nothing to gain by going out of my way to make a person realize what they've lost.

If you are talking from your situation and you are being told this, then she is really out of her mind unless she means realize you lost someone who you trusted for 4 years but can not anymore because they decided to cheat on you.

If it comes from the dumpee, it can be used as an attempt to make the dumper think what if he/she is right and have second thoughts.

This maybe the case in your situation.

That's usually what the dumpee says to the dumper in an attempt to try and get a little bit of pride back after feeling rejected and hurt. It's much easier to try and prove to a person that they're missing out than it is to sit there and accept that they just got rejected. Sometimes you just say what you have to say in order to cope.

yes it was told to me. but not at the break up. its been said a few times now before. now i get the cold shoulder, if she knew herself at the time she was emotionally and or physically cheating and yes it tortures me but yet...id throw it in her face if she talked to me right now. ive never said this to her phrase to her. oh well she will see eventually someday. argh. its infuriating to say the least. but theres other things that have been said that gives possibility that shell try coming back. who knows

and yea i ended up being the dumpee.

If the dumper said it: They're being heartless and just want to hurt you one last time before dropping you like a hot potato and never speaking to you again.

If the dumpee said it: It's out of hurt ego, pride and feelings that made them said that. Usually later on they regret saying it. Sometimes it is said so that the dumper can ponder over it and decide maybe they should try and win the dumpee back.

That's usually what the dumpee says to the dumper in an attempt to try and get a little bit of pride back after feeling rejected and hurt. It's much easier to try and prove to a person that they're missing out than it is to sit there and accept that they just got rejected. Sometimes you just say what you have to say in order to cope.

Yeah, that's what my ex did when I saw her again after breaking up with her. She said that I would regret it and at the time I was like "yeah right!" Now I'm singing, "Baby come back!"

yea. rough day again today for me. man she has said so many contradicting things before she left that no wonder my head is spinning so da*n fast. it wasnt said during the break up or after it. it was said within the last few weeks?!? during our last week. and she has said so many d**n things that messes my head i really hate it. i even heard a "i hope i dont regret what happens." or sumthin like that. grrrrrrrr!!!

So she dumped you? Were there ways that you hurt her that led you to do that. Sometimes the dumper feels justified somehow, that it was the other person that lost them by how they acted or did not treat them right. However, if you didn't mistreat her and she dumped you and then said that, it just seems really cruel.

Archived