22 and Never been kissed

viola13

So I am 22, and have never kissed a guy. I fear that the longer I go without kissing someone, the more akward it's going to be... Guys out there- would you think it was really weird to be dating a girl who has never kissed anyone? When the time does come (hopefully soon!!) should I tell the guy I have no clue what the heck I'm doing? Or would that ruin it?

Thanks for the help!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont worry its ok!

i never kissed until 20 years old, cause i just didnt want to kiss just anybody, thats how i feel and obviously thats how you feel too. When you meet that special one it will happen (or someone you like).

You dont need to have skills to kiss and no need to tell them you never kissed. Or, on the other hand, if its someone special, they would feel special to share your first kiss.

Anyway dont worry, you are special!

hey, well i say dont worry about it!! u still have loads of time! some people just "mature" a bit earlier. im all up for honesty, and while were being honest, lets face it: society is a b!tch, and if u tell a guy ur 22 and have never been kissed, hes probably gonna get a bit freaked out, so i say just keep it to yourself, and like sweetie33 says, just go with the flow...its almost in our nature to kiss, ull get the hang of it!

Seem that only females have answered you so far...

I'm a guy (I do my best) and I really don't know what you are concerned about. Usually for a guy the concern is that the girl has done TOO MUCH not that they haven't done enough... I have so many friends who get annoyed that every girl out there seems to have slept with football teams and done everything in the karma sutra from cover to cover. A guy (as I'm sure girls do) like to have a sense of sharing something with someone for the first time. I always resented the fact that my ex was not a virgin when I met her even though I was - it would've been nice to share it with her.

Just relax - not having kissed someone is not a negative but instead a positive. Some guy will get excited about the fact that he was the first person to ever kiss you - make sure you don't waste it on a loser....

viola13, you are no way a loser! you are one in a million!

when i had my first kiss.. at 20.. i had known the guy for a while and he knew i had never had anyone cause i was serious about this stuff... and when we kissed for the first time i said "that was my first kiss" and smiled.. he knew it but it still made him feel special and he mentioned it after years cause he loved it..

anyway.. take everyones advice and relax.... the most important thing... dont feel like a loser!!

viola,

You are not a loser, not at all. I'm a guy and I like the idea that a girl hasn't been kissed yet at 22. It took me until I was 22 and a half to kiss someone, and my best friend also at 22 hasn't kissed either. There are guys in this position who would love the idea that you would be sharing your first kiss together. And even for guys who have kiss, it would be flattering to know that you waited for the right person, and it was them.

Not having kissed isn't something to feel ashamed about. It happens in its own time. Important thing is that its with the right person, and if you don't feel the right person has come along, then don't feel bad about not kissing. It will happen and it will be great. And don't worry about not knowing what to do, its all natural.

All the above comments are so great and true - I've been feeling really disheartened lately at the lack of importance people my age seem to put on sex (i'm 21 but sometimes get made to feel that i'm 75 by when i discuss my views on this!) Its great to see that so many people are retaining their self-respect and not being intimate with just anyone for the sake of it! I'm not a virgin nor a 'true love waits' preacher - i just think that physical contact should be something valued and earned - i love the comments here that reassure me im not alone! Good luck in your first kiss - when it feels right you'll know what to do i promise you!

I definitely wouldn't see it as a problem. I think it's probably quite nice if your first kiss is with someone you really like.

I've kissed a bit and my first kiss was when I was 15 but my first kiss with someone who actually meant something to me was quite late on and it was certainly different. A lot better than just kissing some girl in a club who you don't even know.

As a bloke I'd quite like it if a girl thought I was special enough to share her first kiss with me.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

This is my first post!

I had my first (and only!) kiss a few months ago age 20 just hadnt met anyone i wanted to kiss.....

It was a guy i had known for ages and was the 2nd date. Was a lovely evening etc and were getting on well..so after ages of talking aeventually he leans in and i was a little panicked!!It was quite good but clearly he knew what he was doing and i clearly didnt. I was generating a little too much slobber and was soo nervous . Also had to kep moving his hands away from where they were going....

I didnt mention that it was my first kiss!!

So it was REALLY awkward afterwards..so on the third date he ended whatever we had cos I was like a "cousin" to him and lots of rubbish over his ex (very recent i reckon looking back)

So nice to know my first kiss was him on rebound and i hope he couldnt tell it was the first???

Hello Viola, it isn't weird or a turnoff. And only a self centered * * * * * * * would judge a girl poorly for not kissing "properly".

Here are a couple of tips: Keep just enough saliva to moisten your lips and tongue, not so much you both need napkins afterwards. Close your eyes, kissing someone who keeps their eyes open is a bit weird. Move slow, take your time, and hopefully the lucky fellow will do the same.

However since we happen to live in the same state if you feel a desperate need for someone to engage in osculation with feel free to contact me

So I am 22, and have never kissed a guy. I fear that the longer I go without kissing someone, the more akward it's going to be... Guys out there- would you think it was really weird to be dating a girl who has never kissed anyone? When the time does come (hopefully soon!!) should I tell the guy I have no clue what the heck I'm doing? Or would that ruin it?

Thanks for the help!!

I'm almost 21 when i had my first kiss...lol

I never told my ex that was my first time. and he never found out. I know nothing about kissing. the strange part was he 'french kissed' me... frst time to be kiss and it was a french kiss . at first i didn't even know that was french kiss... i thought that is what kissing is all about (using tongue while you kiss)... but i just go with it, i let him lead and i follow. He never said anything and up to now he doesn't know he was my first kiss.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree with the last post, and i think by telling the guy that you've never kissed anybody before, it will make his ego go flying, because you just made him feel special...i reckon if a woman said she'd never kissed anyone before to me (i've never kissed anyone either and i'm 18...no biggy there) i'd be really flattered and i guess honored to kiss her if she invited it, so yeah..don't think about it as a problem, just because some people kiss at age 12 and what not, it doesnt mean you are missing out...some people take their time, some people learn at different times..don't feel down about it, we all learn new things every day

That's nothing to really worry about. Though my first kiss was last year, when I was 18, it wasn't a very good experience so yea it's kinda sad in a way. But when you get to meet the guy and the kissing part comes, don't tell him right away that you never kissed before, he'll figure out for sure and he'll even be more happy about it.

Wow, I didn't know there were that many people out there who are in their twenties and haven't been kissed and I go to a Christian College!!! I'm glad I'm not alone in that group of twenty somethings. There are days when i'm like viola thinking the same way that by the time I go get kissed it will be so awkward that the guy will hate me.

I'm 22 myself and just had my first kiss last year. Yes, a late bloomer indeed. In my situation, I ended up telling the guy before we kissed that I had never kissed anyone before. It just felt like the right thing to do. I figured, if he had issues with it, he was the wrong person to kiss. In the end he was sweet about the situation though rather surprised. From what I've read here and from talking to my girlfriends I think this situation comes up far more common than you would think. I have lots of friends my age who have never had boyfriends or never been kissed. And they're all super sweet, nice, attractive girls. What's wrong with the boys in this town?,hehe

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the help!!

This is the first time I hear a western girl at 22 never been kissed ,thats great indeed ,I think to remain chaste till u find the right guy who loves you&u love him preferably a guy who is chaste like u ,serious abt relationship.

True love is when ur relationship with ur future partner based on devine love,

what God bonds ,never separate by human.

before indulge in any relationship make sure he is truthful ,truth is the path to felicity.

• 2 weeks later...

Amen, Famous. I've never kissed a guy...

One time some guy tried to force me... but I kept trying to get him to knock it off. I couldn't get my pepperspray out of my bag.

Then, the guy I really liked... well he and I were in a hot situation, but he has a girlfriend, so we called it off, though he mentioned he has feelings for me.

But my frist kiss, I want it to be so that the guy that kisses me has feelings for ME, and not someone else... note the fact that I call myself 2ndplace... it comes from the story above, because that's how I feel.

Though I would have loved it for him to be the one... It would have crushed me more than I already am. Becuase he's now kissing someone else.

Not a loser... For one thing, this is something we all look forward to... and it's not a bad thing. I want it to be someone I like and that likes me back. Nothing less!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, you are not alone. I am a 22 year old female and have never been kissed. I know your sentiments exactly, but I think that if I have waited this long it may as well be with someone special, right? I guess the day will come some day!!

Hang in there. You're alright!

Archived