What are signs of a guy stringing you along?

betrayedgirl

Hi,

I have been wondering the same.

I've been dating a guy for a couple of months and when we're together it's great but then afterwards he will text me but he makes no suggestion of meeting up again. If I suggest it he will say yes, but he doesn't seem to make any effort at all. I made sure I didn't ask him to do anything this weekend and he hasn't initiated but has continued to text me during the week.

I am going to take a step back and see what he does. I think that's the only way to find out if he is stringing you along or if he's really interested. When did you last see him/how long have you been seeing him?

Just wondering.

He claims he wants to see me but doesn't make efforts, says he wants to kiss me, cuddle me, etc.....

He is wasting my time and I am suspecting he is stringing me along.......

How do I confront him on this?

I don't think there's any real reason to confront him. You stop contacting him. He's made it clear that he's not interested in treating you respectfully, so you need to stop indulging his behavior.

In my experience, men like this respond to drama-filled confrontations and accusations with more talk, but no action. Just stop talking to him.

I don't think there's any real reason to confront him. You stop contacting him. He's made it clear that he's not interested in treating you respectfully, so you need to stop indulging his behavior.

In my experience, men like this respond to drama-filled confrontations and accusations with more talk, but no action. Just stop talking to him.

Most girls act like that guy though, they never make any effort to see the guy and always let the guy suggest dates and always makes the guy contact her. So by your logic girls aren't intrested in treating men respectfully either?

He's made it clear that he's not interested in treating you respectfully

Whoa.

He just doesn't seem to call her as often as she'd like to. He's not, like, soiling her human dignity or anything.

As for the OP, I would strongly suggest that you react very carefully here. For instance, reading this post of yours (in which you call a guy "a liar" after he didn't call you after a date for a couple of days) paints a rather unflattering picture about the expectations you hold for people.

You use the term "stinging you along". Stringing you along where? It is perfectly ok to have an idea of where you would like things to head, but you have to understand that the guy may have different expectations that --even though they may well be incompatible with yours-- are just as reasonable as yours are.

Whoa.

He just doesn't seem to call her as often as she'd like to. He's not, like, soiling her human dignity or anything.

I guess I read this differently. Not calling as often as she would like is much different from "claims he wants to see me, but doesn't make efforts." To me, that reads as that he is likely calling her, texting, whatever, telling her that he wishes he could kiss her, see her, cuddle her.. and yet he never follows through with seeing her. But I could be reading into it.

Most girls act like that guy though, they never make any effort to see the guy and always let the guy suggest dates and always makes the guy contact her. So by your logic girls aren't intrested in treating men respectfully either?

You do have a point, though that is a bit different because that's unfortunately the societal norm in many cases.

Stop suggesting to get together and let him do the initiating. Respond to his texts but don't take them seriously. Date other people and just see this guy as a friend and nothing more. If he really does want something more then he will step up to the plate and do more than just text you. Any texts about how he wants to kiss and cuddle you, just ignore. People who only rely on electronic means to interact with someone are not serious about a relationship..they are the "stringers"...basically just roll your eyes, see him as lame and don't take him seriously. Save your seriousness for someone more worthy who will actually step up to the plate.

No, i agree with what the person said about he made it clear to to respect her.

It is true.

I have dated someone like this. The trouble of online dating.

Kept making empty promises "i wanna hug you, i wanna cuddle with you kiss you, cant wait to see you etc."

Did he ever show?

NOPE .

She is wasting her time. Don't settle for this. You don't need to deal with this bull * * * * .

Move on, trust me, you'll do yourself a favor.

But expect him to keep coming back, don't fall for it.

How do I know?

experience!

Stop suggesting to get together and let him do the initiating. Respond to his texts but don't take them seriously. Date other people and just see this guy as a friend and nothing more. If he really does want something more then he will step up to the plate and do more than just text you. Any texts about how he wants to kiss and cuddle you, just ignore. People who only rely on electronic means to interact with someone are not serious about a relationship..they are the "stringers"...basically just roll your eyes, see him as lame and don't take him seriously. Save your seriousness for someone more worthy who will actually step up to the plate.

Thanks, you've helped to answer my question too. I have initiated the last of our 2 dates and whilst my guy does text me and keep in touch most of the time he seems absolutely rubbish at initiating dates (altho he asked me out in the first place). He hasn't mentioned this weekend, despite keeping in touch. So I'm now going to do as you say, sit back, not take it seriously and see what he does if anything.

I think OP needs to consider even if he is interested (he probably is a little bit or he wouldnt maintain contact) - do you want someone who makes such little effort? You need to step back so you can see how serious they are.

Just wondering.

He claims he wants to see me but doesn't make efforts, says he wants to kiss me, cuddle me, etc.....

He is wasting my time and I am suspecting he is stringing me along.......

How do I confront him on this?

if a guy is stringing you along, he'll tell you he wants to see you, cuddle you, kiss you, etc... but doesn't follow through.

if a guy is interested in you and developing a relationship, he'll want to do all of those things AND will follow through - whether that means planning the date himself, or showing up when you ask him out.

if he's stringing you along, it's all excuses you hear from him.

Archived