Reality Check #2: Push Up Bras

Mr. Franklin

If there is one thing I joke about women are push up bras. Today we see commercials advertising push up bras to double a woman's cup size. Honestly is this necessary? There are a lot of attractive woman who do not have a D cup, C cup, or a DD cup.

In high school I checked out the girls. One thing I noticed were their boobs. Some days a girl's boobs looked small and the next day they look much bigger. Obviously someone is wearing a push up bra. Throughout high school this became a trend and noticeable. Some of the guys made comments about it. What they are doing is unnecessary. I like to call it false advertisement.

I have a question for the guys.

Let's say your girlfriend's boobs appear to be at least a D, but when you finally have sex with her you find out she is much smaller. She was wearing a push up bra. What would you think? Would you be turned off by her lack of confidence, small breast, or both?

Discuss

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the difference when a guy where's his 'good' pair of jeans that makes his butt look awesome? Take them off and it looks...well, not so awesome. Is that false advertisement? Because EVERYONE has one favorite piece of clothing that alters/enhances their appearance.

What about the opposite?? LOL

I'm a DD and I wear bras that often make me look smaller because they have a lot of support. No one would probably guess I am a DD but I am.

Anyway, I don't think most guys would care. They don't make so much of a difference that if someone was completely flat to look like they had D cups. They are still somewhat realistic. It wouldn't be a huge shocker once the girl undresses, if that makes sense.

, but when you finally have sex with her you find out she is much smaller. ?

Discuss

I'd just be super happy to be "finally" having sex with her.

OP, with all due respect, you seem a little new to the "women" game here.

Push up bras and so called "false advertising" is the least of your worries concerning the continuously evolving entity that is 'a woman'.

You'll quickly notice that the female personality has a Push up bra equivilent to it as well lol

I tend to look at push up bras as being misleading, but usually it is known when a girl is wearing a push up bra, so I cannot say that I am caught off guard. Personally I am not put off by her supposed lack of confidence if a girl happens to wear push up bras.

I do not look at the issue has there automatically being a lack of confidence issue, I think that the reasons for her wearing a push up bra will vary from girl to girl.

Women should do what they tell men to do all the time and "just be themselves", as in don't wear any makeup and assisting clothing like pushup bras.

Well that in that case, why don't we all stop wearing deodorant? That's an 'assistant'. I think that'll go over smoothly.

What's the difference when a guy where's his 'good' pair of jeans that makes his butt look awesome? Take them off and it looks...well, not so awesome. Is that false advertisement? Because EVERYONE has one favorite piece of clothing that alters/enhances their appearance.

Wait you know guys that wear their "good" pair of jeans... that accent their asses? Haha I don't think this is what 99% of guys are thinking about.

Either way yea everyone downplays their flaws and accents their good features... that's what style is all about. Example, if you're bald or have a shaved head you're probably going to have a sweet hat collection. If you're fit you'll wear a form fitting shirt. If you're flabby you're going to wear loose clothes. Whatever every does, or should, do it.

If a girl has to ALWAYS wear a push up bra to feel good about herself, then that's bad. But I don't get why occasional wearing would be a problem. They just give a different shape that looks good in some particular clothes. Sport bras are misleading too (they make boobs look smaller), but we still wear them when we need them, yet nobody is complaining about that!

If you really want to know about someone's breasts before seeing them naked, you have to see them without a bra. All bras are misleading in one way or the other.

If those jeans had a crotch modification that makes his junk look bigger you'd be on to something. As it stands, it's not a fair comparison and is more in line with how women simply wearing tight fitting clothes to show their curves. Adjusting those curves, as in false modification, that's what we're talking about here. For example, crotch stuffing for a guy is analagous to pushup/padded bra forr a girl, butt or pec implants are analagous to breast implants, and so on.

Naaaah, I like women with makeup and push up bras. It's all part of the package/experience. men and woman are sooo different

Yet people b*tch and moan when men try to improve how they attract women. You've just acknowledged men and women are different, and by extention what we find attractive and generate attraction are different things. Men tend to be visually attracted, whereas women tend to be behaviorally attracted. This is why pickup to men is a pushup bra & makeup to women. Both aree somewhat false advertising, but at least the long term goal of pickup is to actually internalize the behaviors they emulate (at first). Once that pushup bra comes off the true attractive qualities become known to a man. Ever hear of a coyotee wakeup? It's kinda the same thing. Go to be with a 10 and wake up with a 2. Part of it could be beer goggles, no doubt, but part of it is all those things she did to make herself look hot the night before are peeled off on teh way to the bedroom so in the morning her true self is revealed.

If those jeans had a crotch modification that makes his junk look bigger you'd be on to something. As it stands, it's not a fair comparison and is more in line with how women simply wearing tight fitting clothes to show their curves. Adjusting those curves, as in false modification, that's what we're talking about here. For example, crotch stuffing for a guy is analagous to pushup/padded bra forr a girl, butt or pec implants are analagous to breast implants, and so on.

It's the first time I heard about pec implants, gross!

OP, you could go to pools or beaches with girls before getting involved with them if you have these fears.

This is my point - The way particular pieces of clothing are tailored, it can alter the appearance. My ex's butt was not all that marvelous on it's own. But this particular pair of jeans lifted and shaped it's appearance. His ass did not look like that naked or in any other pants. So if some girl was checking out his butt thinking, "Wow, that's a nice one" then the clothes come off and the genuine butt is discovered, which is not firm nor shapely as the jeans indicated. So I would say that yes, it's a fair comparison.

I think it's false advertising too...but you know what? I still do it!

Think about it guys bras come in a few basic cup sizes right...and boobs come in a whole lota different shapes and sizes...for me the push-up ones just fit better. I think it may be b/c I'm kinda in between but no matter what the reason is I've tried the non push-up and it's just not the same fit for me...so don't think that just b/c she's wearing a push-up bra she needs confidence boost or is trying to make herself look or feel better...maybe that really is just what fits.

Bottom line don't overthink it guys it's just underwear!

Push up bras are awesome. I don't wear them for men, and they don't make me look bigger - actually smaller, which is the reason I like them so much! They keep everything together. lol.

There are so many other things to take issue with. Why a bra? Especially if it makes someone feel more comfortable, and better about themselves, by a little act of fabric - then I think it can't be anything but a good thing.

And you wonder why girls wear make up and push up bras? Really? You said it right there in your comment. 'Go to bed with a 10, wake up with a 2'. No girl wants to be a 2. So of course many will do whatever they can do to hide the parts we don't like.

Wouldn't you want to do the same, if you were being rated a number 2?

That being said, i hate push up bras, especially on me. Sure i wear make up, but i like it to look natural. Not like a doll, i can't stand having make up plastered to my face. I find makeup a more sure sign that someone is insecure then push up bras. My best friend often wears them, and honestly, the difference in minimal, but just helps whilst wearing certain peices of clothes.

Archived