Well i wasnt sure where this topic belongs but here it goes: jealousy and a little bit of insecurity happens in every relationship obviously...i was wondering if it is normal that my boyfriend doesnt worry about me cheating on him (not that he should) like i am with him? Or should i be worried? I mean he does get jealous but gets over things quickly. But he has never freaked out of my past relationships or guys i had dated. Or does this mean he trusts me well enough?

I don't worry about my boyfriend cheating, and vice versa. It doesn't mean we don't care, it just means we TRUST each other and are secure in ourselves and our relationship.

Worrying about your partner cheating on you doesn't mean they love you more. It just means there are insecurities and not enough trust.

I think I am going to just paste this into my signature. I just posted this on another thread:

The lack of faith that people have in their partners astounds me. People of either sex are not just unthinking, unfeeling automatons that respond to the other sex like that. Do we really feel that just because there is opportunity that something will happen? Not likely. If it does, then something was already rotten in Denmark, and it was pretty much inevitable.

I really do understand about insecurities. They exist for most people. However, just because you have an insecurity, doesn't mean your partner does. It isn't weird at all to actually TRUST the person you are in a relationship with. It makes no sense that the default should be NOT to trust.

I think it's sad that we've come to expect jealousy from our SO and when they don't show it, we start to question it

I would just take it as a sign that he is obviously very comfortable with you and trusts you. Personally I wouldn't want someone who gets jealous over every little interaction I have with someone else.

I suppose there's a balance between being a little bit jealous and possessive. You could ask yourself why you worry about him cheating? Are you on equal footing, in terms of how you view the relationship?

It should be about trust, if you trust the person you shouldn't have any cause for concern to worry about cheating. Perhaps as was already mentioned, it just stems from an insecurity issue. What do you have to be insecure about? Does he have a lot of female friends?

I think it's sad that we've come to expect jealousy from our SO and when they don't show it, we start to question it

I would just take it as a sign that he is obviously very comfortable with you and trusts you. Personally I wouldn't want someone who gets jealous over every little interaction I have with someone else.

I suppose there's a balance between being a little bit jealous and possessive. You could ask yourself why you worry about him cheating? Are you on equal footing, in terms of how you view the relationship?

It should be about trust, if you trust the person you shouldn't have any cause for concern to worry about cheating. Perhaps as was already mentioned, it just stems from an insecurity issue. What do you have to be insecure about? Does he have a lot of female friends?

well he does have a few female friends. And a close friend thats a girl. Ive just had a bad past with a few guys...i dnt want it to happen again.

well he does have a few female friends. And a close friend thats a girl. Ive just had a bad past with a few guys...i dnt want it to happen again.

The past is the past and there's a reason why they are in the present, am I right?

You can't treat every male the same. There are great guys out there, and there are good relationships out there.

Archived