How do people get back together after a long time apart (months/yrs)?

michelle21689

How do these people that got back together after being apart for years get together again? Do you think they had to 'reconnect' or that connection has always been there? I don't know if that makes sense. I guess what I'm saying is, do you think the feelings have always been there or is it like starting all over and feelings happen again?

I don't know, I hear some stories where exes meet up after months/years and feel nothing at all. Odd

I've only really had one experience where this happened... and it was only a year of NC. It's basically like meeting them again for the first time, only it's not. It's really hard to explain and I wish I could do it better but basically if there is no animosity towards each other, no hatred and no emotional baggage... what is there to prevent you from falling in love again? That's what happened in my case... actually got engaged but everything unfortunately collapsed again, so it is possible. For me it was like starting all over and the feelings happened again.

I'm in the same boat as KennyC..i doubt me ex would spit on me if i was on fire..

However, as Luckyy points out - its just a case of reconnecting with a friend, and then re-developing things into a relationship, which in itself could be the breath of fresh air your relationship needs..It could also be fun getting to re-discover someone in this way..me and my ex had spoken of re-creating our first date at some point, for the nostalgia, but to put that air of mystery back into things...we figured that al though things were great at the time, it could be a fun thing to do!

Archived