New to the dating scene..

Brittany16

I'm new to the dating scene and need some advice. I went on 2 dates with someone off bumble. We have tons in common, the conversation flows and we have had a great time both times (he told me he had a great time). We went for drinks and watched a sports game the first date , and went bowling and played arcade games the 2nd date .

After our first date he waited 2 days to contact me and asked me on another date.

After our second date, 3 days went by and i didnt hear from him, so I messaged him and asked if he wanted to get together again when I return from my trip. He replied immediately and said yes , and said he wants to go skating together and go to a music festival together when i return.

Is it weird that he didn't text me after 3 days of our 2nd date and I had to message him? We do not text at all otherwise..its strictly to make plans and then nothing else. Im used to texting someone often when im getting to know them... I hate the idea of chasing a man and messaging him first but maybe im being silly . are there rules for who messages who first After a date?

No rules and you need to check your expectations. It's just a date, nothing more.

If I were you, I'd sit back and see what he does. You reached out before and you yourself said you don't want to feel like you are chasing. So don't. The effort should be equitable.

As far as the texting. I wouldn't expect someone to be in any sort of contact with me in between the space of 2 separate dates.

Get busy with your life and if possible, date others as well. That way you aren't sitting by the phone wondering why some guy you hardly know hasn't contacted you.

It was only two dates but he sounds interested. He was probably trying not to look to eager by letting days go by without texting you.

You made the next move, he knows you are interested so let us know what happens when you get back.

Relax a little and enjoy the date.

PS Not everyone does a lot of texting, he may want to get to know you in person...

Lost

Agree with lostandhurt. Focus on in person dates rather than texting, it seems to be going well so far. Also make sure you're ready to date:

12-16-2018:

Its been exactly a month today of PRETTY MUCH no contact . We were together for 8 months. The next day on the phone i yelled at him and told him he screwed up really bad and that there is no turning back. I told him my feelings could never return after what had happened.

Archived