Met a guy but unsure what to do!!!

Jenny00

Bit of background first, I'd really appreciate some advice.

So there's this guy in my hometown, we used to have a bit of a fling about 3 years ago and things were going amazing and we had an amazing connection but I broke things off because of a stupid ex. I'm 19, and he's 21 living in UK. Anyway, we are both back home from university for the summer and work a summer job in the same place. One thing led to another and we rekindled our connection within the past few weeks. Things are going absolutely amazing, we've been on a few dates and talk all the time. We work with my mum too and he treats her very good and always makes time to help her and talk to her also. I think I'm really finding myself falling for him, and he's kind of hinting at things maybe going further in the future by his actions, it's hard to explain but it's when you just know someone's thinking more seriously about you but he never properly said it.

The problem is, we are both going back to university in about 4 weeks time. It wouldn't be a problem, if it wasn't for the fact our universities are about 3 and a half hours away from eachother on the bus. I really like him, and the thought of university kind of getting in the way of things is freaking me out. So I'm unsure of what to do, should I ask him how things will be when we go back to uni? Or should I just leave it and see how things go naturally, I'm just scared incase if I don't say anything we just won't see eachother and lose our connection again and things are going too well for that to happen :(

also, I'm going on a family holiday in a few days for a week, and my mum doesn't specifically want him in the house before we go just so he doesn't have to see the mess of packing for holidays and stuff like that (she's very mad about her cleaning and she likes him so she doesn't want him to see the house in that state haha) so I'm also wondering of any date ideas we can have like outside (also something that doesn't require a lot of money as we're both trying to keep as much money for uni). I'm just thinking of something nice we can do together, we live in a fairly small town with not many attractions haha..

I would really appreciate the advice, as I really like the guy and would love for things to go further with him.

Have you been dating? Is there a physical relationship? What kind of dates have you gone on before? Since he has not mentioned specifically wanting to date exclusively or have a LDR you can bring up the subject.

However be prepared for the general distaste/dislike for LDRs. In the mean time consider this a fun summer fling. Why not suggest staying in touch on social media when you go back to college?

I'm also wondering of any date ideas we can have like outside. I really like the guy and would love for things to go further with him.
Have you been dating? Is there a physical relationship? What kind of dates have you gone on before? Since he has not mentioned specifically wanting to date exclusively or have a LDR you can bring up the subject.

However be prepared for the general distaste/dislike for LDRs. In the mean time consider this a fun summer fling. Why not suggest staying in touch on social media when you go back to college?

Yeah, we see eachother regularly and he's constantly making time for me. We haven't had sex yet but things have been getting fairly heated in the past few days. He's quite the romantic, and I know from a mutual friend that he is looking for a relationship so I don't understand why he would go into the bother of getting to know me, constantly take me on dates etc and being very affectionate and romantic if he wasn't thinking of anything long term. He even said in a text message recently that he only has eyes for one girl right now with a wee winky face.

We usually go to the cinema, go for walks around the river, go for wee drives around the town or chill in my house watching TV. But he always makes effort to talk to my parents when he comes over etc.

Which is why I'm even more confused because he is being very close and affectionate towards me.

Archived