On and off relationships... help

sc1234

I've been dating this guy on and off for about 5 months now. We get into fights, end things then get back together. ( i know this isnt a healthy relationship already) but for some reason I am obsessed with him.(dont know why lol). We started talking again, but things are very different.... Before he used to talk to me 24/7 every day and would get upset if i didnt respond right away. I enjoyed the attention and could tell he really liked me. He would always ask when he would be seeing me next etc. Anywyas things this time are very different. I keep nagging asking if he really wants to get back into this because it truly feel like he doesnt... Hell msg me every couple of hours, is becoming a bit more distant but promises me he isnt. I even woke up to a txt this morning (after confonting him last night that I felt things were different) along the lines of "night babe, i dont want you to think im being cold because im not, i miss you" ........... I didnt respond, acted like i didnt care and he txted me again this morning wondering why i didnt reply. We talked for a bit and then he said "have a good day at work i have some work to do babe txt me lateR" He would NEVER leave me alone like this before... Do you think hes not interested anymore??? or trying to gain control?? It's just soo not like him. so im confused. its like as soon as I care, he doesnt, as soon as I don't care, he does. do you think maybe cause I keep asking him what's wrong/why hes being different etc that's pulling him away or is he simply not interested?

Anwyays just looking for some advice on how to make him want me again and to gain the upper hand..

Is this a LDR? How often do you see each other? What are the fights about?

So many red flags here and the slow down in texts isn't really one of them.

Texting 24/7 sounds exhausting, too much too soon and over-saturated and as if on a text-tether leash. Yes, nagging about 'what's wrong" when the texting isn't excessive and incessant could have been annoying.

Just pull back, stop the relationship texts and wait until he texts you. Let things calm down.

I've been dating this guy on and off for about 5 months now. We get into fights, end things then get back together. Before he used to talk to me 24/7 every day and would get upset if i didnt respond right away. he said "have a good day at work i have some work to do babe txt me lateR"

Often times someone's intensity is not a reflection of how special you are to them. It often has more to do with how insecure they are. It might have nothing to do with you.

I know in the past when someone blew up my phone. . I naively thought that they must really like me. It wasn't the case. They just had low self esteem and trust issues.

I must have as well or would have thought otherwise.

Things that don't start well, don't end well. Do you really think there is a chance things will get better for you two?

It looks like you've tied your self worth to whether this guy likes you or not. I'll bet if you had him, you might not actually want him.

ur so right. when i have him im annoyed lol he was always too much.. I think im just panicking that Now im not sure if I have him...... Do you think its best I pull away from him?

again. . . Ask yourself - Is this about a fight for a worthy partner that is a good, healthy long term match for you. . or is this about `having him' It really feels like your self worth is attached to whether you have him or not. It's not about how healthy and viable this relationship is . .it feels like it's more about winning.

Be careful what you wish for. .

He is very insecure so I can see that. But what made him get confidence back though to not want to talk to me 24/7 I dont get it...........

I think the change in texting frequency is of concern. I do think that it indicates a lower level of interest. Don't know what you can do though... sorry.

You shouldn't expect anybody's attention 24/7. That is crazy and unhealthy.

Don't you have some studying to do or working or something like that?

You are the one that is wrong.

A real relationship isn't one where people dedicate every single moment of their life to each other, that's a controlling and obsessive relationship with a very short life span!

You should work on yourself and on your life goals and in the meantime dedicate a part of a day to the relationship. No guy likes a girl that is always avaliable and has nothing better to do.but chat all day long.

You need to have a life of your own if you want your guy to respect you and this relationship to last.

This guy seems fine by me.

He gave you more attention in the beginning because he knew that's what you wanted in order to begin something with him. So he showed interest and to me seems like he wants to keep the relationship going, but not in a abnormal obssesive way.

You should be glad he doesn't have time to talk 27/7 otherwise he would be a loser with nothing else to do but chat. Who has no future or perspective!

And don't play games with texts or anything for that matter if you want a healthy relationship...

Archived