Losing end

It seems to me that as long as I am a guy in the marriage/long term relationship, the guy is always wrong.

When my wife do something that pissed me off. If I don't tell her off, she will think there is nothing wrong and will continue to do the things that irritate me again.

If I tell her off. She gets pissed and gives me hell. And still don't register that there is something she did that pissed me off in the first place.

In any way, I lose in the long run. Of course, this is when I pick my battles. But any battles with a woman who doesn't pick hers, I have already lost the war.

I'm guessing you're probably a large part of the problem, based on your phrasing "when my wife does something to piss me off..."

Your wife doesn't live her life with the intention of pissing you off. She's just being herself, and doing things the way she wants to do them. If something she does upsets you, you can nicely let her know. But you seem to be instantly angry as if she did whatever she did to purposefully make you angry. She didn't do it on purpose, so try meeting her with a little love and understanding instead of your bad attitude.

How to talk nicely?

I have been telling her every morning for the last 2 years that I start work at 8 and need to leave the house by 7am

But still Every morning she set her alarm at 7 and wait up at 730

For last 2 years, I have been telling her EVERY DAY I need to leave the house by 7. She doesn't listen

Last night I said I want to wait up early to have breakfast together.

Today she still set alarm at 7

While rushing to get out of the house and as I was packing my bag

She came over put a lunch box on my stuff that I'm packing and walk off

(Seriously?! Actually she is a person who don't learn. No matter how u tell her

She does what she wants the way she wants it. My counselor told me she suspect that also)

So as she stacked on top of my stuff I ask her why she did that and didn't she see that I am packing

She got piss off and storm out

Seriously?! Who the one that don't see their own problem?

Yet the whole world is saying I have to keep giving in to her? Just because I am the guy?

I have no rights in this marriage. No rights to be angry. No rights to have any feelings. No rights to voice out.

Because if I voice out, it's world war 3.

The WOMAN EMOTIONS IS ALWAYS MORE IMPORTANT?!

To be frank, for someone who is not open to listening, no amount of talking nicely will not work.

Before our marriage, we went for some marriage seminar course to learn about handling conflicts, disagreements and communication skills. But she doesn't apply. It is like playing soccer but she is immune to the rules and used her hands, or playing basketball ball where she hold the ball and run to the other side of the court.

How to talk nicely?

I have been telling her every morning for the last 2 years that I start work at 8 and need to leave the house by 7am

But still Every morning she set her alarm at 7 and wait up at 730

For last 2 years, I have been telling her EVERY DAY I need to leave the house by 7. She doesn't listen

Today she still set alarm at 7

While rushing to get out of the house and as I was packing my bag

She came over put a lunch box on my stuff that I'm packing and walk off

(Seriously?! Actually she is a person who don't learn. No matter how u tell her

She does what she wants the way she wants it. My counselor told me she suspect that also)

So as she stacked on top of my stuff I ask her why she did that and didn't she see that I am packing

She got piss off and storm out

Seriously?! Who the one that don't see their own problem?

Yet the whole world is saying I have to keep giving in to her? Just because I am the guy?

I have no rights in this marriage. No rights to be angry. No rights to have any feelings. No rights to voice out.

Because if I voice out, it's world war 3.

The WOMAN EMOTIONS IS ALWAYS MORE IMPORTANT?!

To be frank, for someone who is not open to listening, no amount of talking nicely will not work.

Before our marriage, we went for some marriage seminar course to learn about handling conflicts, disagreements and communication skills. But she doesn't apply. It is like playing soccer but she is immune to the rules and used her hands, or playing basketball ball where she hold the ball and run to the other side of the court.

Why does she need to be awake when you leave?

Breakfast is the only meal we can have together. This means for the last 2 years we have not had a meal together. To have a meal together I have to sacrifice and go work late.

Breakfast is the only meal we can have together. This means for the last 2 years we have not had a meal together. To have a meal together I have to sacrifice and go work late.

So one time she didn’t wake up or are you mad at all the times? Why don’t you have dinner together?

Honestly, your post without more details feels really brash and a bit sexist. It sounds like you feel owed her care at breakfast time. This is why I ask for clarification.

Are you just venting your frustrations or do you want suggested solutions on how to improve your situation?

Actually, my counselor said to me that she thinks I have tried everything I could. There is nothing else I could do. The only way to improve the situation is for her to sit down with me at the counselling session. Which my wife is not picking up my counselor's call. So I guess you are right. I am venting here at enotalone. Because I feel damn freaking alone.

I still don't understand what you're angry about. You have to leave by 7, she doesnt, so why does she have to set an alarm for you?? Why does she have to get up just because you do?

You were packing a bag and I'm guessing she made you lunch and sat your lunch box on the bag you were trying to pack?? She made your lunch for you, and then you had the audacity to whine about her setting it with your stuff?? Be grateful she made you lunch!

Maybe you're just not explaining this thoroughly but based on your last response, you have nothing to be angry about but your wife sure does.

There are always two sides to these things. Maybe we don't understand your problems very well. Some of the things you said have made it sound like you are mostly upset about the fact that no one is understanding your side of things. That's a reasonable reason to be angry, if you feel like there is a problem and everyone is taking her side and no one is listening to your side. But then you said that you have gone to counseling and that your wife is not interested in participating in the counseling, and the only solution you know of is for her to go to counseling with you. You said that your counselor seems to understand your side of things. So there is one person willing to hear your side of this situation. It is not true that everyone in the world assumes the woman is always right. You might be seeing it that way. Do all your friends and family think that you are the wrong person here?

Try to pretend to be her, and tell us what you think would be her side of this story.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

You sound a tad abusive. It's not surprising that there is a great deal of discord and mutual resentment. It's amazing she hasn't divorced you.

It seems to me that as long as I am a guy in the marriage/long term relationship, the guy is always wrong. When my wife do something that pissed me off. If I don't tell her off, she will think there is nothing wrong and will continue to do the things that irritate me again.
  • 2 weeks later...
My husband and I both set our own separate alarms and drive our own vehicles to our places of employment . And everybody worries about their own lunch .

Hi wtm78,

What Seraphim said might be a solution. You may want to set out your clothes and make your lunch the night before so you can get out of the house earlier and get to work on time.:friendly_wink:

My husband and I both set our own separate alarms and drive our own vehicles to our places of employment . And everybody worries about their own lunch .

@wtm78,

Seraphim's idea sounds like a good one. Is that practical for you? Getting to work on time is important. It is even better to arrive a little early. You may also want to consider setting out your clothes and making your lunch the night before. :friendly_wink:

hi Writinggal , i am sorry, i dont really understand the suggestion...

i just want to have a meal with my wife at least once a day... which the only possible timing is waking up together for breakfast.. this is because our timing just dont fit.. which i have explained earlier too... :)

hi Writinggal , i am sorry, i dont really understand the suggestion...

i just want to have a meal with my wife at least once a day... which the only possible timing is waking up together for breakfast.. this is because our timing just dont fit.. which i have explained earlier too... :)

Hi wtm,

I would suggest you talk with your wife about this. She doesn't seem to want to get up early in the morning when you go to work. Maybe you can agree to have some meals together during the week or weekend.

Archived