why'd he kiss me on the cheek?

i have a boyfriend of 4 yrs and a 6 month old daughter with him...but i also have an old (newly single) male friend that i have been hanging out with..sometimes my boyfrind knows i'm out with him but he doesnt know when i'm out with him alone... i dont want my boyfriend to be hurt by my friendship with old friend..but even though i know it hurts my boyfriend,i cant seem to fully cut ties to my friend...my friend and i also have a strong sexual past as well as a strong emotional past...i feel like he truly belongs in my life even if it's only platonic...my old friend knows about my boyfriend and respects him and hasnt tried to make any moves on me..though he has verbally flirted a little bit...but yesterday as i said goodbye to my old friend after spending an awesome day together...he gave me a hug and then kissed me on the cheek...i snapped at him and told him not to kiss me and that it's not right to kiss girls who have boyfriends..he apologized and said it was a friendly kiss...but i dont think it was...none of my other friends kiss me on the cheek..and he never has either...now what?

For the sake of your child and your relationship, stop seeing your old ex. It will cause nothing but stress, greif and possibly infidelity. Don't take that risk, tell him you are committed and have a child who you love. Don't mess it up, which you will, definitely, if you keep seeing your ex. You already know that though, don't you?

i do know that but we he's not my ex we just been through a rocky 10 yr friendship...and i think he understands me better that my b.f. so i feel like he's one person i can truly be my self around...and its just so damn hard to fully cut ties with someone who still exists in my immediate circle of friends..i've gone yrs without talking to him...but will continue to get "updates" on his life through our mutual friends...do i need to make all new friends?..i'm also the manager of his band..do i need a new job too?

You have two choices: Keep things with him strictly professional, or give him up entirely. He is interested in you. (It's a good thing you snapped at him!)

You haven't been with your bf as long as this other guy, so maybe you don't the same sense of history. But give him a chance and don't do things that could threaten your relationship with him. Both for your sake and for your daughter's. She's only six months old. Invest your love in her; babies really need that. They can be trying sometimes, but you'll be proud of yourself for giving her all the love and care she needs. Best of luck to you.

I'm not sure if I agree with what's been said so far.

The main thing I disagree with is the idea that just because he kissed you on the cheek, that means he's interested in you. It's hardly an ironclad rule; there are plenty of girls who have boyfriends whom I feel perfectly fine with kissing on the cheek. It could very well have been a friendly kiss.

That said, if you personally feel uncomfortable with accepting kisses from guys other than your boyfriend, that is another matter, and it's definitely a good idea to draw boundaries, by whatever means necessary.

Also, if you feel this kiss was uncharacteristic of him, it definitely merits further investigation. Find out if he kisses his other lady friends on a regular basis. Some people simply make it a point of kissing their friends. I can't tell you if that's how your friend is.

It's hard to completely cut someone important to you out of your life. Before making any rash decisions, I'd ascertain once and for all whether or not he really does have romantic designs on you.

sometimes my boyfrind knows i'm out with him but he doesnt know when i'm out with him alone...

How would you feel if your boyfriend was alone with other girls, without you knowing? Your acting very selfish.... Drop the ex, and stick with the boyfriend, if that's what you want to do. The ex is making movies because A) he is intrested, and B) your putting yourself in a situation where he is able to become intrested.

You can't have both.

thats for the advice guys...i told my bf the truth about hanging out with my old friend and how he kissed me on the cheek and then he broke up with me..i was a bit upset at first but now i feel it's for the best..i was being selfish so now at least i dont have to answer to my bf (or should i say ex bf) and now i only have to worry about my daughter and myself...