condom broke what should i do.

bella_1976

Where are you?

If you're in the UK you can get free M.A.P. from some chemists.

Otherwise - go and borrow some money from someone!!! The cost of the pill is NOTHING compared to the economic and emotional cost of bringing up an unwanted child.

Hop to it!!

xxx

oh no - it doesn't require more than once to get pregnant. All that needs to happen is for one of his 100 million sperm that he ejaculates to find your egg.

Like the others said - the cost of the pill is NOTHING compared to the cost of raising a child, or even an abortion. Go borrow some money, or go to a free clinic and see what kind of a price reduction they offer.

It is ALWAYS possible to get pregnant. While there are more "likely" times, every woman is different and will not always ovulate at the "biologically determined" time (of 14 days before next period).

It only takes ONE sperm, so yes it can only take ONE time to get pregnant. There are many girls who found themselves pregnant after their first and only time having sex for this very reason!

The cost of the morning after pill in comparison to the cost of raising a child, or an abortion is truly NOTHING at all. You can also call a teen clinic as they sometimes will offer low-cost or free options for you. You need to start within 72 hours and the sooner the better...so call and get in TODAY to see someone.

Also, look at using the birth control pill as a backup in case this happens again...so use both the pill and condoms. Talk to your doctor about this.

If you cannot afford to have safe sex or the consequences of sex, then it is best to not have it.....even with birth control/STD control there is ALWAYS a risk.

Day 20 of your cycle is an unlikely time to get pregnant (unless you happened to ovulate a few days late).

If you ovulated on day 14, it is unlikely to get pregnant on subsequent days (unless you happen to ovulate a second time -- which is technically possible).

The ovum is only typically viable for about 12 hours (possibibly, but rarely up to 24 hours, though some medical texts incorrectly claim up to 48 hours).

Sperm can live up to 72 hours, and this is why you can get pregnant if you have sex up to nearly three days before ovulation.

Day 20 of your cycle is an unlikely time to get pregnant (unless you happened to ovulate a few days late).

If you ovulated on day 14, it is unlikely to get pregnant on subsequent days (unless you happen to ovulate a second time -- which is technically possible).

The ovum is only typically viable for about 12 hours (possibibly, but rarely up to 24 hours, though some medical texts incorrectly claim up to 48 hours).

Sperm can live up to 72 hours, and this is why you can get pregnant if you have sex up to nearly three days before ovulation.

That will depend on how long her cycle is...some women menstruate every 21 days so will ovulate only 10 days or so into cycle, some every 30 so 15 days in, some every 40 so 20 days in...and so on. Some are irregular so never really know (and when you are young your body is more likely to be irregular) so we cannot judge whether or not she is safe going by the day 14 thing. And as you said, some ovulate more than once.

Unless she is checking her cervical mucous and tracking her periods methodically, I don't think we can really know whether she would be safe or not...better to be safe then sorry and which is why she should talk to her doctor.

What is the source of your info?

Like RayKay said, depending on the length of her cycle, it may still be possible to get pregnant. Better safe than sorry....

She's 28 or 29... plenty old enough to be familiar with her cycle (one would hope).

She's also old enough to not get pregnant at the drop of a hat.

She made a reference to which day of her cycle she was in, so her cycle must be somewhat regular, otherwise the day wouldn't matter

Her question was if day 20 was a "safe time" of her cycle. Since she's in her late 20's, if her cycle is "normal", then she is within a safe time of her cycle.

Someguy - I am still curious - what is the source of your ovum statistic?

She may have a "normal" 35 day cycle. Some women do.

"Old enough not to get pregnant at the drop of a hat..."

What exactly does that mean? Like I said before, all you need is one ovum, and one sperm. I know ladies who are married and 28, who got pregnant during their first month of "trying" to get pregnant.

I'm just wondering what are your medical opinions come from....

Thanks guys for your info I am 29 years old and have already 4 kids but havent been sure about this cycle business. (if i did i wouldnt have 4 kids) my cycle is on a 28 day and finally i got my period 3 days ago. (thank god) The reason why i was asking i went to a party and god really drunk and some people told me i had sex with my ex and the next day he told me the condom broke. (as i am married happly so i was so scared). My husband had his tubes done so we cant have any more kids. So thats why i turned to the form to seek help and i didnt know what to do.

Believe me i have learnt my lession i am not going out partying again with this one friend.

wow - you got really drunk if you don't even remember having sex. I don't think it's a good idea to drink to the point where you black out. That is a very dangerous sign that you may have a problem with alcohol.

I'm glad to hear you're not pregnant.