how do u get rid of a cottage cheese butt?

I'm a very small, skinny girl. I have a small butt too. So I don't understand why it's a cottage cheese butt? ha weird huh. I'm so self-conscious about this. I want to learn if there's any way to get rid of these dimples and marks without making my butt any less small than it already is. I don't want to have no butt, ya know?

yeah its called cellulite. I am in the same boat and I am thin and none of my friends understand! lol I read up on it a little bit and it turns out it is a skin condition that is hereditary. Like stretch marks tend to be. Aren't we lucky? we were doomed the day we were born.

the remedies:

1) there are creams that can be purchased either online or in beauty stores or skin stores. I found some on the shelf at ulta. You can find the product at link removed if you search for cellulite. I am not sure if they work or not. I am sure some do and some dont so it might be a trial and error thing.

2) ah, liposuction. Seriously. This is the only guaranteed method to get rid of it and afterwords, you would use one of the creams to prevent it from coming back. Expensive, I know.

thats all I know of

Hi,

I guess the reason why they say cottage cheese butt because thats the cheese with lotsa of holes in it. Haha! (just joking).

It sounds like hereditary to me, small butts are cute. I have a girlfriend, who has a small perky butt, who enjoys wearing mini-skirt, and she does really look sexy in it.

If it is cellulite, why dont you some butt exercises? Sounds great to me thou.

from what I read, exercise doesnt get rid of the cheese. It gets rid of the fat and build muscle, but since cellulite is a SKIN condition, it needs to be taken care of on the surface. The lipo takes everything from under the skin to smooth it out but I guess thats why you need the cream too

YOU CANNOT GET RID OF IT WITH A CREAM!!.. come on, don't get sucked in by the marketers. The best a cream can do is remove fluid from the area. this may for a short while reduce the degree of dimpling BUT IT WILL COME BACK as soon as your body replaces the fluids...like in about an hour or two.

Low fat high fibre diet and exercise or in extreme cases liposuction.

• 4 years later...

I read that you have to stimulate the skin on the area frequently. Ie exfoliate it reguarly, brush it with a shower brush when showering, massage cream into it etc. I have a cellulite massager thing which is like a round plastic thing with little hard, plastic pointy bits on it that you moved in a circular motion over the area. I do find it makes a difference but it is a lot if effort to try and keep up with it..

Cellulite is caused by the way women's skin on the butt and thighs is structured - It is less naturally less even so the natural fat deposits there will show more. This is why men don't get it, and why big and small girls get it alike, whatever the weight there will always be fat there.

Some say cellulite is caused by toxins - you could try cutting down on caffine, alcohol, processed sugar. Some women also swear by dry brushing and creams - I think it's the massaging part of the creams that really do the job, as it gets blood to the affected areas, but then creams that contain caffine (don't drink it, rub it on!) are meant to be more effective.

You could also try working out the muscles, which would imrpove muscle tone and lessen the look of the cellulite. There are exercises which would make your butt muscles bulkier and stronger I think, so you'd keeep your rear.

Hope that was helpful.. All that is too much effort for me, although I do hate my dimples. Almost every woman has some cellulite, and men don't seem to mind too much.

hmmm... no offense to anyone who has replied, but I'm seeing a lot of misinformation on cellulite...

Cellulite is fat deposits under the skin that appear "cottage cheesy" due to connective tissue disparities. Women are more prone to it due to the way our connective tissue is distributed, but since it is hereditary, men can also have it. It just isn't as common or usually as severe.

Cellulite is just fat. If you can lower your body fat percentage, you can lower how much cellulite you have, Just know that it will be the last and most difficult of all fat deposits to lose.

Creams are a temporary smoothing solution that can work very well. But the effect is TEMPORARY. The cellulite visibility is lowered due to the massaging of the cream into the area, not the actual cream. This increases circulation to the area and "plumps" up capillaries under the skin where the cellulite is located. So in fact, you are not lessening cellulite, but increasing blood flow with evens out the area by "pumping" it up with more blood. Can be very helpful for a few hours in a bikini, but don't excect it to last all summer.

Hope this helps! I feel your pain!

• 1 year later...
I'm a very small, skinny girl. I have a small butt too. So I don't understand why it's a cottage cheese butt? ha weird huh. I'm so self-conscious about this. I want to learn if there's any way to get rid of these dimples and marks without making my butt any less small than it already is. I don't want to have no butt, ya know?

I have the same problem. Only I have the largest sized but for a medium sized frame. The plastic surgeon warned me about getting the cellulite sucked out to smooth it out. I wanted to take this butt down a notch but the plastic surgeon warned me that if I did, it would just get flat, which is what it is not now. He said that I was drinking too much caffeine and not enough water. Get your butt re-toned up and keep it that way, only drink caffene free drinks, and plenty of water and that should smooth your butt out. But that is what the plastic surgeons told me to do. They told me that surgery is not the wiset choice because after the surgery, my butt would just get flat instead of round and then they would just have to add cellulite back into it. So I have been just doing what the surgeon requested that I do. It is going to save me a heck of a lot of money, and if you do the things that he reccomended that I do to get my butt in shape, then you will have the same success that I am having getting rid of my cottage cheesed butt too. But remember to do exercises that will tighten up your buttocks too, or else some of the cottage cheese look would just remain there on and in your butt. I hope this helped. Your welcome, bye bye.

I am currently working on that very problem.... My husband and I have been walking up and down 10 flights of stairs every day--- 10 times.... sounds crazy... but I swear to god, best workout ever--- my legs are tighter and my butt is more firm. cellulite deposits have gone down significantly..... and it has only been a month...

Wow, what marketing sites are you going to?!

Cellulite is NOT a skin condition, it is a fancy word for fat deposits. It's hereditary and gender based because women tend to accumulate fat around their hips/thighs and extremities (like tricep flappy wings ). Some men CAN get it because some men will have female pattern fat distribution (the pear shaped), just like women can have male pattern fat distribution (apple shaped).

Please do not get lypo for this. Exercise!! Lypo might suck it out, but you're just going to accumulate it back in the same place again. Don't waste your money/put your health at risk. Don't be lazy, and workout. Like the last poster said, butt exercises, cardio, etc WILL get rid of this fat, WILL tighten your skin and muscles. Please don't waste your money.

Archived