Dark brown discharge!? What is that???

pocky_biscuz

Hi guys!! I am just clueless here and i've search google for answers and i want your opinions as well.

I had my period the first week of January (around the 3 or 4) and after that i stopped using birth control pills. Then had unprotected sex on the 13th. Took the morning after pill on the 60th hour after that. TODAY 23th i discovered a dark dark brownish discharge and i'm not expecting my period but next week on the 31th. What does this mean? Is the Plan B not working? I'm waiting another week to do a pregnancy test assuming i might get conceived.

Brown blood, as PP said could just be your body ridding itself of old blood from your previous period and after taking Plan B but at the same time it could be implantation bleeding. I would go to see a doctor ASAP, especially since you have taken Plan B and if you're pregnant that could be a bad thing.

OMG implantation?? I don't want anything implanted there! I just can't wait until my real period comes and if it doesn't ... oh gosh .... i've had my period two weeks ago...can't possibly be ridding old blood because this is not normal for my body. i'm just really really worry guys.

It could be implantation bleeding but it could also just be your body reacting to the changes it's undergoing. The morning after pill can also screw with your system so don't assume anything just yet. When I came off my Pill my cycle also shortened by a week and I wasn't pregnant.

What is Plan B? If it's a new form of birth control I am with Mythical Suicide - why not get thee to a doctor.

Caro, Plan B is the "Morning After Pill"

and yes, Pocky you took the risk of going off of birth control and THEN having unprotected sex you could be pregnant and this could be implantation bleeding, you don't want anything "implanted" there the reason you should never have unprotected sex unless you're ready for that. I would suggest going to the doctor to be seen.

Ok...after the dark brown blood i think i'm having a normal period although it's one week early then it should be. I just HAD it around the 3 or 4!!! Now i'm having is again and is dark red plus VERY HEAVY........is this normal guys? I've never bleed so much since i first got my period back in the old days! I feel weak and dizzy from all the blood lost.

Ok...after the dark brown blood i think i'm having a normal period although it's one week early then it should be. I just HAD it around the 3 or 4!!! Now i'm having is again and is dark red plus VERY HEAVY........is this normal guys? I've never bleed so much since i first got my period back in the old days! I feel weak and dizzy from all the blood lost.

The morning after pill did this to me too I think. I actually only started getting full-on periods after the morning after pill (or Plan B - it's not called that here, sorry), funnily enough.

Are you seriously weak and dizzy from blood lost though? You might feel bad, yes, but from loss of blood?I mean, people can lose a pint or so I think when they give blood at the bloodbank, and that has minimal effects. You shouldn't really be losing more than a few teaspoons, maybe half a cup maximum accross the whole period. I might be speaking through my proverbial though.

Eeer, hopefully you guys are right. Just stupid Plan B causing all this. At least i know at the moment i'm not pregnant. If i treat this as my normal period should i still take the pregnancy test? This is the most painful period i've ever had!!!

*mythical suicide* - it IS gushing.....omg i got woken up by it a couple of times. VERY uncomfortable feeling...

Yes, it sounds like you are having your first actual period being off birth control. Usually the first period after going off birth control is the heaviest and most painful as your body is readjusting. I wouldnt worry about taking a pregnancy test as im pretty sure this is a period. I feel for you, before I got on birth control I had the worst cramps and gushing during my periods and it felt nasty. Take a warm bath to ease the pain thats aboutt he best advice I can give you and take tylenol and/or motrin. If it's too bad id contact your doctor since it could also be caused by the Plan B.

Hi pocky,

Yes, you are likely having withdrawal bleeding as your body adjusts to being off the pill, just as you did when you had your week off from the pill.

Please be careful and use protection if you are not looking to get pregnant or an STI.

Seems you could have avoided alot of stress by using a simple barrier method like a condom.

I've had bad experiences with condoms....broke on me twice. Please i make sure my partner has a clean history before anything happens. Oh well, won't be doing the deed anytime soon since we just broke up and i'm swearing off men for a long long long......time....lol

Thanks for all your help!

Woohoo to period!

• 1 year later...

im 14and i had unprotected sex for the first time about 2 or 3 weeks ago, i took the morning after pill the morning after and they put me on the pill, they told me to start takin the pill when i came on my period, so i did that about a week later and i came off my period about 1 week ago and im gettin a little bit of brown stuff in my knickers and around my women parts have become very itchy, but im not sure what it could be.. could anyone know wat it might be ? contact me katiesimmonds.__x@Hotmail.co.uk thankyou x

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone. I'm new to this website and I have some concerns...Well I'm a virgin and I'm expecting my period any day now, but yesterday I experienced some brown discharge. I thought that it was the start of my cycle but I didn't get it today just more discharge, can you help me out before I talk to my mom?

Hello everyone. I'm new to this website and I have some concerns...Well I'm a virgin and I'm expecting my period any day now, but yesterday I experienced some brown discharge. I thought that it was the start of my cycle but I didn't get it today just more discharge, can you help me out before I talk to my mom?

You can receive more help by starting a new thread and posting your concerns.

• 1 year later...

Archived