1-Month Anniversary Gift

ASharp

Hey everyone. This may seem like a relatively stupid question but hey, what can I say, I'm pretty new to the whole dating scene. Well, the situation is me and my girlfriend (second gf in my life) have been seeing each other for almost a month now, you know what that means...gifts. She says she doesn't want anything except a hug and a kiss but I don't believe her So, this is where I turn to you guys. If anyone could offer any general suggestions/advice on what I should get her, it would be greatly appreciated. I really like this girl and I wanna get something for her to remember this day. Thanks a lot guys...

Thanks for your input guys, they're pretty amazing and I really appreciate them. I really like the massage idea but I doubt we're really that far into the relationship where she'll actually allow me to rub lotions on her and touch her in that manner...at least not yet however good for future consideration. If there's anymore suggestions or whatever anyone can offer, I'd love to hear em. Once again, thanks for your help guys/gals.

• 2 weeks later...

the first movie me and my g/f went to see was The Notebook .. it should be out on DVD by tyhe time our 1 month hits .. she's always tellign me how much she watns it and that shes gonan buy it as soon as it comes out .. is taht a good gift ?

I agree with neva_black_n_white and Scout, you could make her a mixed CD of music she likes or songs that you think she might like. And a picture of you two doing something together is a pretty inexpensive gift but a good one none the less. Or you could hold off on the picture and eventually start a scrap book or something and give it to her as a gift for a later anniversary or something. I've been going out with my girlfriend for almost a year now and to be honest, we never got each other anything for our monthly anniversaries except for our 6 but that was cuz it was Valentine's Day. I'm new to the dating thing too (she's my first girlfriend ever so...). But anyways, I think you should just get her something that she can use or something thats personal that lets her know you're thinking about her. Hope this helps.

i would just get her something simple but sweet. the cd of her favorite songs is a great idea cause it would show that you take interest in her and know what kind of music she likes. also maybe something like a cute little stuffed animal...like the cute little bears that hold the hearts that say "i love you" or something like that! just something simple and sweet...it doesnt hafta be really expensive...j/ something that shows that you care about her!

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree with the mix CD idea. By the very meaning of the word "anniversary," it applies an annual event, meaning, an anniversary occurs every year, NOT every month, although I know a lot of younger teens who do the one month-iversary thing.

What I would suggest is don't go too over-the-top on this. Taking her to a nice dinner and bringing her her favorite flowers (not always roses, by the way) is a nice way to show her that you find her special. Then I would casually bring up that you have been together for a month and have been so happy with her. This is a true and thoughtful sentiment, and not too mushy.

I think many young people put too much focus on gifts. As a female, I can HONESTLY say they are not that important. I disagree with the other advice to get a necklace or something like that. I think those gifts are for birthdays, holidays, or maybe 6-month-iversaries. A necklace now may be overkill, and then you'll have to try to keep topping it for all your other special occasions! A well thought-out album of her favorite songs is a nice gift to give. When I am creating a mix CD, I try to visualize a mood that I want to create, and make sure the songs blend seemlessly to create it, rather than just slapping a bunch of mismatched songs onto a CD like it's some "Now" album off of tv. A personal girl from the heart, like one you made or flowers that remind you of her (like in her favorite color) are best bets for early on.

• 7 years later...

i have a boyfriend and we have 1-month anniversary for couple days and i still don't know what to buy to him

about one week ago he bought me a bracelet on which is written i love you. i really like it but know i don't know what is good gift to compare with it.

he said that he will buy me something for 1-month anniversary and i need to buy something to him.

i liked what you all said but i still don't know what to buy

please help me!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived