I think I creeped out a girl and idk what to do now

drivenfuture

I was friends with this girl and we just hung out tand talked, but she has a boyfriend so nothing serious happened. But she told me she didn't like living with her boyfriend's dad and how she's looking for an apartment. At the same time, I just moved into shared housing and my landlord told me that one of his other tenants is moving out...so I told her this, and said I know she might feel weird about it, but it is affordable and i know she wasn't thrilled about her living situation so maybe this could be an option (explained she would have her own room); but now I think she probably thought it was creepy. I was sincerely trying to help her but also maybe letting my feelings get in the way too. We work together and now I feel like I made everything awkward and idk what to do.

It was a tad forward given that she knows you like her but it's fine. Act like you never said it. Carry on like it never happened. Don't bring it up. Don't apologize. Don't talk about it. Just carry on being co-workers. If you act normal, she will be normal.

I don't see anything wrong with it. You were trying to help. Honestly I don't know why she would feel creeped out at all.

On the other hand, probably not the best idea to get a crush on someone who already has a boyfriend. You don't want to step on toes, right?

Just just leave it for now. You let her know, nothing more to say.

Why do you think she may perceive it as creepy? You should take into consideration that she's in an unstable place - her living situation is unstable, her relationships (with bf and bf's dad) are unstable and she may be at risk of a serious argument if she leaves her current situation. This is not a light matter. It's one thing to casually mention a room is available but it's another to expect an answer or response from the person you're mentioning too. Give her time to respond and think things through. Good for you for being thoughtful. Now step back and let her fix her own problems. Do not make like a helicopter hovering over her.

What was weird about it. You were helping her out.

You need to relax.

[emoji23] This!! [emoji1369] I can be a worrier like this, too, but I see zero wrong with what you did. That was nice, actually. Perhaps you are feeling guilty because you like her, but regardless, as Wiseman I think said above, she needs a place and you know of a place. Simple as that. Years ago, I had a friend (who liked me) offer to have me move into her house at the other end of the state (literally 6-7 hours away from where I was living) because she knew I needed help getting out of my situation and starting fresh. I took her up on it and it was the best possible stepping stone for me to regroup and move on with my life. Also, this person had only known me for a few months. Weird and forward? Maybe. Exactly what I needed at the time? Definitely.

Archived