Tried my absolute best but still failed hard

eggeggegg

what do you do what you fail even after you push yourself out of your comfort zone and try your absolute hardest, and fail miserably right after you felt good about working hard? i was auditioning for my school’s hip hop team and i practiced so hard i could barely walk up the stairs without collapsing. I was constantly listening to the music and going over things, getting out of my comfort zone while freestyle, asking for criticism from my friends, etc. and the person who was judging showed interest in my dancing, so i was happy because i thought for sure that i would get in... but when i checked, my friends had gotten in but i had not. I poured my heart and soul into it, everything i had. it wasn’t possible for me to work harder for it. but despite this i still failed so miserably. I have dance background as well and in order to dance well i mustered up all the confidence i didn’t know i had in me, but it wasn’t enough. it’s so frustrating. some of my friends aren’t too good at dancing either, so it frustrates me that i’m probably worse. My parents were being negative about me joining the whole time, and i pushed myself despite it. I’m proud of myself for working so hard, but frustrated that even my best wasn’t good. I’ll try again, but it’s just so embarrassing and frustrating and painful :(

You will fail many more times in life despite your best efforts.

Talk to the coaches and ask for feedback, and then work on that for next year. See if there are any dance schools or groups outside of school.

Dance is cut throat so you need to have a thick skin to remain in dance.

That hurt is there to teach you to fight. That hurt is what is going to drive you to be successful in all aspect in your life. It's going to be your driving force to never give up. You learned something very valuable here. You are very lucky to have had the experience.

Do some research on how many time famous people have failed before striking a big win. Not sure where you're from, but if you watch the 'idol' shows, people who have failed their first try often come back as heroes.

Our wins don't always occur according to our own calendar. Sometimes a lot more is required of us than a single sprint.

Shoot for the marathon.

Head high.

I applied for the job I'm currently in 5 times. I got 4 rejections, one of them only about 6 weeks ago. The one 6 weeks ago was a very loud "NO!!!"

But I kept trying and I finally got the job.

One "no" doesn't mean no forever. It often means "not yet".

Good for you for putting yourself out there. That took courage!!

Congratulations on your new job, Bolt.

I agree with the other comments. It may be a very bitter pill right now but it's what you make of it that counts. Stay motivated somehow and keep your interest level up. Not everyone will believe in you or see things your way all the time. You shouldn't grow bitter over that. Remain positive and learn from your mistakes, get better at it and see what they're looking for next time around and work on it.

Ok try out for something else. Sometimes we're not cut out for something and another sport/activity is a better fit. Since you have the determination, it will work when you pick another sport/activity.

i was auditioning for my school’s hip hop team and i practiced so hard i could barely walk up the stairs without collapsing.
Congratulations on your new job, Bolt.

I agree with the other comments. It may be a very bitter pill right now but it's what you make of it that counts. Stay motivated somehow and keep your interest level up. Not everyone will believe in you or see things your way all the time. You shouldn't grow bitter over that. Remain positive and learn from your mistakes, get better at it and see what they're looking for next time around and work on it.

Thank you Rose!

I refused to give up. But I'm a combination of competitive and stubborn lol.

OP, please don't let this discourage you.

Archived