"Hello, I'm a cretinous POS uncaring bastard": a short rant about my ex-boyfriend

I thought he was finally getting the NC message and didn't hear from him for almost 3 weeks now.

This morning I have an email from him saying "It's 2 in the morning, *girlfriend's name* is sleeping here next to me and all I can think of is how much I miss you"

?

This from a guy who loves practical jokes and today is April Fool's...

So what do I make of this? And how do I stop thinking about it either way in the good or bad sense because I don't want to think about it at all.

And in another month I'll have to be dealing with him everyday at work. Fun times ](*,)

Self-admittedly, for a short time it was a little power/ego boost for me to see his emails come in and knowing I now had the strength to not respond...even if they did upset me on the inside.

I have blocked his work and school ones that were the main ones he used...this is some random gmail one he set up. It's now blocked too.

Self-admittedly, for a short time it was a little power/ego boost for me to see his emails come in and knowing I now had the strength to not respond...even if they did upset me on the inside.

I have blocked his work and school ones that were the main ones he used...this is some random gmail one he set up. It's now blocked too.

I don't quite understand the boost you'd get from that.

Glad you blocked it. Now forget about it. He's a putz - what more is there to know?

Not worth your thoughts now. It's spring. You're fabulous and are not in the situation of lying in bed beside a man like that. Yipp! Celebrate!

I thought he was finally getting the NC message and didn't hear from him for almost 3 weeks now.

This morning I have an email from him saying "It's 2 in the morning, *girlfriend's name* is sleeping here next to me and all I can think of is how much I miss you"

?

So what do I make of this? And how do I stop thinking about it either way in the good or bad sense because I don't want to think about it at all.

And in another month I'll have to be dealing with him everyday at work. Fun times ](*,)

Well, considering he's still lying in bed with someone else... he's obviously not missing you that much.

Delete the email and let it go. Not worth your time or emotion.

wow, that's horribly mean!! (i take it he's the one that broke up with you?!!) what did you end up doing? nothing? you're a really strong person. i would have probably written back right away asking exaclty what i gather was removed by the moderator in your initial post!

haha! well, anger is better than tears, i think! glad to see you're staying strong! are you guys generally in contact? (sorry i haven't been following your story super closely!) it seems weird he's randomly emailing you all this stuff unless he's looking to get a rise out of you!

I don't know what his problem is and I've wasted enough time analyzing it.

I though he was being manipulative and trying to mess around with me, and I called him out on it months ago, and explained exactly what I felt like when he said/did stuff like this and how it looked from my perspective. He seemed genuinely confused and sorry he was hurting me and jerking me around.

But it continues, so he is either doing it on purpose or is really that incredibly stupid. I haven't answered him back in ages, and he hadn't emailed me in almost 3 weeks so I thought he had clued in.

This is getting no response either, he is not going to know how I am reacting to this even though I'm livid. He can interpret my silence any way his feeble mind wants to.

?

Ruby,

WOW, what a jerk. It would be easy to say NC, forget about it, and forget about him. You have to deal with him at work? I would start working out, going out, get a tan, shop until you drop, and make sure you walk in that place of business looking the best you ever have, and make sure he knows exactly what he lost.

Go out and have fun, and make sure that even if he did, never let him know he got the best of you.

Terk

act as "unbothered" as possible! make sure you dont hide away or anything at work.. be the bigger person... this will mess him up bigtime!

be friendly but if i was you id treat him as a kid, talk down to him a little if you ever do speak to him.

you dont need a knob-head like that in your life.. my ex has been playing with my head recently,,, i dont think she realised though... the thing is,,, we are trying to understand and discover ourselves whilst they think they have discovered themselves,,, there is a huge difference in these attitudes!

Remember that although he may have a girlfriend beside him, he is not a happy man. People who have to resort to games like that are very unhappy and insecure. He may be sleeping with his girlfriend and moving in with her, but big deal... she really doesn't have him except in body. If he was crazy about her, he would not be bothering to email and ex girlfriend to rub his new life in her face. This man has a lot of anger and resentment in him and is hurting big time. He is not into his new relationship at all except for the facade he puts on to his girlfriend and the rest of the world. The real him is this spiteful, angry, insecure, hurting person who feels the need to keep in contact with an ex-girlfriend in order to rub his so-called fabulous life in her face. Know that you are better than him and that you are better off without him. You are probably a lot happier and at peace with yourself than he is. Ignore his emails. His new girlfriend has a dud, and she will find out soon enough.

Archived