Is my ex over me and just trying to hurt me? Or does she still have feelings?

Ok so this is a long one. I broke up with my ex about 7 months ago. About 4 months ago we started talking again, we had a really good conversation and for about 3 days she would call me, or text me every chance she got.... then on the 3rd day i messed up and she got mad and didnt want to talk to me anymore. So about 2 months ago i took a trip to alabama to help with tornado disater relife and when i got back she contacted me and asked if she could talk about the trip.... nothing deep, just how it went. So we talked about it and things went great. About 3 days later i asked if we were "talking" again and she said.. "look it just warmed my heart that you went and did that and i wanted to talk about it." so i said "Well you know how i feel about you and you said you didnt want to talk anymore" She said.. " look i still care for you, i dont want you out of my life and i want to give you the chance to win my trust back (I lied about how much money i had.. i have more than i told her and she got upset) but i dont want to be friends and tell you about all my problems" I said.. " i dont want to be aquantances and if that the case i think we should avoid contact with eachother."

About 2 days later, i texted her "Look if you need someone to talk to.. im always here." she replied with "What the hell? I thought you didnt want any contact?" and that was about it.

Then 1 week later, at church she walks in with a new boyfriend... a week after that, i wrote her an email apologizing about the way i had acted during our relationship. She went to a friend and was very upset that i had emailed her, she told her friend that i was emailing her daily and that all she wanted was me to leave her alone and stop texting her.

The following week at church.. she made it a point to go out of her way and cut in between myself and someone having a conversation. She said "Can you excuse me?? Oh... and HI."

The following week again at church... she made it a point again to call me from a good distance to show me a new vehicle she just bought. It was a fast conversation, just chit chat.

I addressed this with some people who confronted her and told her... "Just leave him alone. There is no need to contact him at church just avoid all contact."

So this last week... church proceeded and she avoided all contact... until she got in her car. i was walking to my car and we made eye contact.. instead of doing what i did which was just nothing... she looked at me, and waved.

What do you guys think is going through her mind? Is she just upset and trying to hurt me with this new guys and flaunt herself infront of me? Or is she really attempting to get my attention and still has feelings?

From what you tell, she sounds like she's acting unstable, probably trying to do things to get your attention, but in a very 'playing-games' sort of way.

I'd say you guys need more time without contact. The fact that you go to the same church and probably know a lot of the same people is not helpful.

I think just you lying about how much money you had is not the worse moral crime. basically it sounds like she's playing hard to get, until you dont bite, and then she goes out of her way to get your attention again, just so she can play hard to get. Sound like you've already made your stance know, that you need space if you're not going to be close. I would stick with that, and try not to fall into her traps trying to get our attention and confuse.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Archived