Lack of sexual interest in relationship

I’m a guy in his 20s who’s in a committed relationship (my first ever relationship) of 8 months with my boyfriend who’s also 20.

He’s had previous relationships and has had a sexual relationship with his previous girlfriend, however he doesn’t seem to take any interest in me sexually.

I’ve tried to hint and make advances over the period of our relationship though none of these have led anywhere and I end up feeling kind of down and lacking in confidence.

He’s really honest and isn’t very afraid of speaking his mind and I recently found out one night (after a couple of drinks) that he hasn’t had a, to my knowledge, single sexual thought about me.

I’ve asked him about whether he wants to take our relationship further in that sense and he’s said that he does though he’s just nervous as he hasn’t had experience with a guy before.

The worry is still in my mind though that he may be saying that to soften the blow in-case he really doesn’t find me attractive in that way.

I love him so much and I really want to stay with him but at the same time I’m scared that my sexual attraction to him may never be returned and that I’ll have to put up with these one-way desires throughout our relationship.

I’m willing to wait to see if anything does happen but I’m not sure how long I should, or when I should maybe ask him about his feelings.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I was going to say that maybe he was a newbie and you mentioned that midway through your posting. Are you saying that the two of you haven't had sex yet? And he hasn't had any gay sex? I think you may be barking up the wrong tree here.

• 1 month later...

Are you sure he's not more straight than bi or gay? Don't be his experiment in same-sex sex/relationships. And don't take his confusion/hesitation personally.

He’s had previous relationships and has had a sexual relationship with his previous girlfriend, however he doesn’t seem to take any interest in me sexually. he’s just nervous as he hasn’t had experience with a guy before.

Archived