Back from the holidays: waiting for him to contact me

Mikaila

I am back form my holidays. I went away three weeks.

We had two great dates before I went away. During the holidays we texted a few times, the last on Saturday when one of his questions was "How will you spend your last days of holiday?".

So he definitely remembers that I am back today.

Do you think it is ok if I don't send anything more and wait for him to contact me?

Thanks

I don't understand why all this game playing and making everything so complicated. You've been away for three weeks. You are now home. Why can't you simply send a message and say: "Hi!! I'm home!! Can't wait to see you! :) " ? Seriously, I don't get it. So much beating about the bush over nothing. You're home. Say hello.

I don't understand why all this game playing and making everything so complicated. You've been away for three weeks. You are now home. Why can't you simply send a message and say: "Hi!! I'm home!! Can't wait to see you! :) " ? Seriously, I don't get it. So much beating about the bush over nothing. You're home. Say hello.

Amen (and I’m not even religious!)

I sent him a text at around 9 pm, saying that I was back, happy that the next day would be Friday and asking what he had been up to. He replied at about midnight, saying that he had been setting up his house (he just bought one and he explained all the things he needed to do) and he commented that I had chosen a good time to come back. I replied after ten minutes (I was still awake anyway not waiting for his text and I thought that he had replied so late he would had time to chat) that he seemed to me that he was on the right foot and that I was looking forward to the weekend. And I asked if he would have been busy at the house.

He did not reply to that.

Now we are both at work so I understand that he has not replied yet.

I am sorry for all these questions. The thing is he is the second guy I have been going to proper dates and I am not sure if he is behaviour and mine are in the norm until now or not.

My ex from the very beginning he acted (and I believed him and fell for it) as he was so much into me that I don't know what the proper behaviour is.

Thanks!

^Some people think and analyze more than others as it is in their nature. I don't think that telling someone that they think too much will actually help anything.

In this case, you will have your answer to his interest level very soon. If he doesn't reply this weekend then he's probably not that interested. If he replies that he is busy with his house this weekend then he could still be interested but genuinely busy. If he doesn't reply at all then he probably has moved on/lost interest. At this point you just need to sit tight. The ball is in his court.

^Some people think and analyze more than others as it is in their nature. I don't think that telling someone that they think too much will actually help anything.

In this case, you will have your answer to his interest level very soon. If he doesn't reply this weekend then he's probably not that interested. If he replies that he is busy with his house this weekend then he could still be interested but genuinely busy. If he doesn't reply at all then he probably has moved on/lost interest. At this point you just need to sit tight. The ball is in his court.

Hi, thanks for your comment. I indeed think too much. He replied and asked me to see him tomorrow evening. Everything is because of my inexperience and also by the fact that my ex was Italian (like me) and this one is British so there is completely different feeling from before.

Not sure what you're suggesting when you say your ex was Italian and this guy is British.

How can your 'feelings' be different based on a person's ethnicity? Not getting that.

Do you mean the "dynamic" is different because Italian men tend to be intense and aggressive, and Brits tend to be more reserved? So for that reason, you're having difficulty reading the British guy? Because your ex was more aggressive?

If so, it will just take time learning and adjusting to a different nature from your ex.

But just to know, I've dated Italian men who were very shy and reserved, and interacted with a British guy for awhile who was far from reserved, at least with respect to our interaction, and what he shared with me. Quite the opposite actually.

^I spent some time in England last summer too, and at other times, and oh lordy, some of the men were FAR from reserved.

They do have a rather "proper" way about them though, and not sure if it was because I am American, but many were quite aggressive in their approach, etc.

One guy asked me if I was up for a "cuddle" that night at his flat. lol

I normally can't stand hearing the word 'cuddle' coming from anyone over the age of 5, but gotta admit, the way he said it, with his British accent and all, was quite endearing!

^I spent some time in England last summer too, and at other times, and oh lordy, some of the men were FAR from reserved.

They do have a rather "proper" way about them though, and not sure if it was because I am American, but many were quite aggressive in their approach, etc.

One guy asked me if I was up for a "cuddle" that night at his flat. lol

I normally can't stand hearing the word 'cuddle' coming from anyone over the age of 5, but gotta admit, the way he said it, with his British accent and all, was quite endearing!

HA hA!!! I second the cuddle comment x :D

Archived