How often do you talk to a new person you're dating?

amyb

I met this new guy (we met online about ayear ago, then lost touch, then started talking again a couple months ago) and we met in person about 3 weeks ago. We've been on 4 dates and it's been going really well. The only problem is that we live about 2-3 hours away from eachother so we can't see eachother too often. We've talked on the phone a few times as well. So far we talk about 1-2 times a week on the phone. He works long hours so it's sort of hard to find time when we're both free to talk. I know it's really early still, but I really like this guy and I think he really likes me too. I personally would like to have more contact with him, even though I know it isn't easy, and I realize this early on it might be too much to expect to have more contact (i.e. almost every day). What do you guys think? How often do you talk with a new person you're dating?

My ex ex and I talked almost every day from the get-go. Well, we wouldn't talk on the phone every day, but usually text every day. My ex and I talked almost every day from the get-go. By "talk" I mean communicate in some way, which could also be in the form of texting. Not always for an extensive amount of time, though. I always called or sent good night/good morning texts.

If you want to talk to him more then don't be afraid to initiate it. He might be feeling the same thing but is scared to sufficate you and is being cautious. Rather than bombarding him with phone calls though send him a text message initiating a conversation and see how attentive he is.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Easyguy, my ex and I used to talk almost on a daily basis as well, that's why this seems odd to me. However, my ex and I were friends before we dated and we were close so that's different. I may just be paranoid because I've had such bad luck with guys in the past, and I really like this one, and I really believe that he likes me too.

CaptainNapalm, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm definitely not afraid to initiate it, I have done that already a few times and he's always attentive, and we have great phone conversations. And as I said before, he does work crazy hours and sometimes our work schedules overlap (I'm home when he's at work, he's home when I'm at work). And the distance doesn't help either, that's one of the reasons I would like to have more contact with him, because we don't get to see eachother very much.

Archived