Am i overthinking? Partner wants to go away alone

Pocketrocket

My partner of 15 months wants to go away fishing and camping alone for 3 days and didnt invite me ..

Now i love camping and fishing and its on a weekend when i can go

He is on his last week of holidays and says he wants to enjoy his last few days offs doing what he loves which is catching big fish lol

We are going away for a few days together just before he goes but find it strange he is going alone (all his friends are working or busy)

Whats your thoughts?

Well you're going away together before he leaves, so what's the issue again?

Not getting why him wanting to get away for a few days on his own (no matter where he's going) troubles you so much; not to sound flip, but are you joined at the hip or something?

If so, that isn't healthy, time away from each other is good once in awhile -- gives you both a chance to miss each other, and keeps the RL from becoming stale, same ole, same ole, routine. Yawn.

I presume you have friends you can hang with during that time?

No way joined at the hip lol

I have friends thats no.issue at all but i do need to ki da give them notice as they all very busy people

He given me 10 days notice so yeh

But plenty to do and i actually love me time

His brother goes camping away alot and takes a girl other than his gf and my partner told me this so maybe thats just on my mind !

No way joined at the hip lol

I have friends thats no.issue at all but i do need to ki da give them notice as they all very busy people

He given me 10 days notice so yeh

But plenty to do and i actually love me time

His brother goes camping away alot and takes a girl other than his gf and my partner told me this so maybe thats just on my mind !

Well, yea... a cheating brother that takes the other woman camping would tend to raise a red flag. Hopefully your partner thinks his brother is the pig that he is????

Well, yea... a cheating brother that takes the other woman camping would tend to raise a red flag. Hopefully your partner thinks his brother is the pig that he is????

He thinks he is a pig yes.. but they get along

And my partner says he just minds his own business doesn't want ti get involved

Wow I'd love 4 days to myself if my husband went fishing or whatever by himself. Why do you mention there's little to no reception where he's going? Do you plan to phone or text him on a regular basis? People need alone time. You are really over reacting.

More for his safety ..secluded beach nobody around etc

This type of insecurity and clinging will shorten your relationship eventually. Pick your battles. Get your own life and interests and friends. Let people have their space, privacy, time to reflect, etc.

Are you afraid he's going to cheat with a fish?🐬 Or this is a secret rendezvous with a mermaid or mysterious woman?👣

Thanks for the replies

Other circumstances?

Only that its 4 hours drive and on the beach with little to no reception ..he has been a few times with mates but hsnt taken me for a while ..thats the only other circumstances can think of

He also thinks i should trust him regardless what his brother does.. he feels he shouldn't have to tell him no chics allowed camping with the boys

I can actually see your point here. He can't control his brother. And he isn't his brother.

However, he could have a reasonable boundary with him of asking the brother to please not bring women who he is cheating on his girlfriend with around him to camping trips.

I can actually see your point here. He can't control his brother. And he isn't his brother.

However, he could have a reasonable boundary with him of asking the brother to please not bring women who he is cheating on his girlfriend with around him to camping trips.

Exactly what i think

It hasnt happened since i have been around but my partner said it happened twice before

He doesn't say anything now because its been over a year and half since it happened but he does take girls when he goes camping alone ..

Exactly what i think

It hasnt happened since i have been around but my partner said it happened twice before

He doesn't say anything now because its been over a year and half since it happened but he does take girls when he goes camping alone ..

I think there's no need to worry if it's not happened since you've been with him. Maybe he did deal with it in his own way.

Archived