I can't decide if I want to completely quit one of my jobs

A little background: I just graduated college with a bio degree last spring, I've worked at a grocery store for 8 years and now I work in a pharmacy as well. The pharmacy job is significantly harder, pays less and has been cutting my hours as of late. I've been there almost 3 months and while I'm getting some day to day tasks down I struggle with solving some of the uncommon problems one might encounter in the workplace and my boss frequently gets displeased as a result. I have a potential opportunity for a temporary lab job (what I'm really striving to do but haven't been able to get into) but the people I interviewed with can be difficult to reach. Anyway after today I can either put in my 2 weeks at the pharmacy or work once every 6 weeks assuming they let me and my grocery store job already has me down as fully available again in 2 weeks. I could also get promoted to a wellness consultant at my grocery job which would pay substantially better than my pharmacy job. Sometimes the pharmacy work is rewarding and manageable but the bad days are abysmal where you can fall hours behind with no hope of catching up. I have to call my boss tomorrow and decide what I'd like to do but I've already given him the impression I've already gotten the other job (which I'd like to think I do but nothing is certain). I'm thinking putting in my 2 weeks might just be the better route since I feel I'm overworked and underpaid.

The pharmacy job sounds absolutely miserable. Only keep it if you have no other way to support yourself.

The goal for most people is to find enjoyable work that pays well. Don't stop trying until you've achieved that goal.

I hope you get the wellness consultant job.

The pharmacy job sounds absolutely miserable. Only keep it if you have no other way to support yourself.

The goal for most people is to find enjoyable work that pays well. Don't stop trying until you've achieved that goal.

I hope you get the wellness consultant job.

Thanks for the advice, I think I can actually get the wellness consultant job pretty easily but the lab job is more important to my overall career. I'm gonna put my two weeks in tomorrow.

Keep the grocery job for the money for now but continue to search for jobs related to your education and goals. Take the deal at the pharmacy that suits you best.

Start putting together a profile on professional sites like LinkedIn. List your education and relevant experience, etc.. Join alumni and professional groups. You can link your resume. Upload your contact list and see if any classmates, professors, etc are on there.

Keep building up a professional social media image and make connections on there. There are also job searches available.

I have a potential opportunity for a temporary lab job what I'm really striving to do but haven't been able to get into but the people I interviewed with can be difficult to reach. I could also get promoted to a wellness consultant at my grocery job which would pay substantially better than my pharmacy job.

Archived