This past month and a half has been the hardest thing I've ever been through, I'm so exhausted and nothing is getting better.

My boyfriend left me, leaving me with ridiculous amounts of debt and stuck in a lease I can't break and can't leave my housemates with as they can't afford it

So having to deal with heartbreak as well as all that and being in a state with no friends or family

I lost my job and I cannot get another one and in running out of money

I can't stop thinking about killing myself

I wish I was dead

Nothing is getting better

Everyone is better off without me

What is the point of anything anymore

He has ruined my life

Gently, nothing will get better until you do something different. I looked through your past threads and you've mentioned suicide a few times before.

My first piece of advice is to move back home. You need the emotional and financial support of your family. While your roommates may be depending on you, that will only last until your bank account is depleted. Let them find a new roommate who is financially stable.

If that feels "impossible" (and I would argue it isn't - it just seems that way), then at least call a suicide prevention hotline to get some assistance. Sometimes all it takes is a few kind words to shake us out of our hopelessness and to propel us take action.

Right now, you are mired in victimization from your ex and that's keeping you stuck in your situation. You don't want to let down your roommates or "move backward" (as you stated in a previous thread) by a moving home, but you have to do something to get yourself out of this financial hole and your deep depression.

Please, please get some help today.

Can you explain more? How long together? What happened?

You're in another state than you family? Any way you can go back to them?

I understand your frustrations.. loss.. a debt, etc. But let this settle then try to see thru brighter eyes.

You no longer have HIM there bringing you into debt.

Move back home and take your car with you. You are not "stuck" there, you are hanging around hoping he comes back. Sue him for the rightful debt and remainder of the lease. Don't take this lying down.

Get support from family and take whatever legal recourse is appropriate and available to you. Why let some random dude run your life, your happiness or your future? He or anyone else is not responsible for your happiness nor car buying choices nor losing your job nor choosing inertia.

Also take responsibility you for your choices including moving to him, buying an unaffordable over-financed car, calling in sick to work too much and now staying "stuck" there and not taking any action to return home, get a job and recover any debt from him. You will empower yourself and heal when you take action, not hoping he comes back and fixes everything..

Early this year I moved to Melbourne for my boyfriend after a couple of months of long distance, he broke up with me 3 weeks ago. I lost my job. I'm stuck here and I don't know if I should move home or stay

I don't know how to stop thinking like I've been screwed over, you're all right though I did make those decisions but it just hurts because I did them with for our future which no longer exists.

I can barely function and that's why the thought of even making decisions or sorting out my life seems beyond my ability at the moment

I don't know how to stop thinking like I've been screwed over, you're all right though I did make those decisions but it just hurts because I did them with for our future which no longer exists.

I can barely function and that's why the thought of even making decisions or sorting out my life seems beyond my ability at the moment

This is why you need to talk to a counselor, Yabby. You need some professional help. You're in a deep depression.

Archived