Can Soulmates be the Opposite of each other?

Twilight_Dreams

hi,

i think i'm truly in love, but the guy is almost the OPPOSITE of me. seriously.

we dont even have any major shared interests. not music, games, sport, philosophy, tv, literature, or culture.

the stuff we talk about is very generalistic...we don't really get into a topic as such, but we can talk and talk for ages about so many little things.

logically, it doesn't seem that this will work out, but we've both felt a deep attraction to each other for a very long time, both mentally and physically...and dare i say spiritually?

it feels like there's something that exceeds rationality in this relationship...

so, what I wanted to ask:

1) is your soul mate like yourself?

2) do you have many shared interests?

3) do you think the above two criteria are necessary for a soulmate?

4) any other comments...

If you're basing your Soulmate on Physical Attraction, then SURE! lol..

In High School one of my teachers told me a good criteria in determining if someone is your soulmate. Can they become your best-friend? The feelings of attraction and lust will diminish overtime. This happens because attraction and lust (and the feeling of love) is all based on inner chemistry. So, your soulmate is someone with whom you can be friends with even after these euphoric feelings are gone.

The way she and I talk about it, we complement each other. She tends to be messy, I tend to be neat. I don't do a good job of eating healthy, she cooks well balanced meals. She's very spontaneous, I like to plan. She is very passionate, I can keep my emotions in check.

It may sound like opposites, but we both absolutely love those attributes about each other. We recognize something in the other person that we lack, and we're stronger together than we are apart. Frankly, it's pretty cool.

But we have many common interests, our senses of humor are extremely similar and we believe in many of the same things. The fact of the matter is, we love who the other person is. But, you have to realize that later down the line some of those very things you love will also drive you nuts. You just have to remind yourself that you fell in love with that person for those very same reasons.

Hmm not really

Yes TONS!! Movies, games, books, opinions even.. hehe

3) do you think the above two criteria are necessary for a soulmate?
Nah, as long as you are both open minded and are willing to learn about each other's interests or at least don't make fun of them!

I agree with zero.

Love is often an urge for what we don't posess.

I sometimes fall in love with people who are nothing like me,who have qualties I dont have or wish I did.There is a fascination there with the difference.They provide something you lack and vice versa.

I have also never learnt much from people who agree with everything I say.There is often more personal 'growth' and excitement from being with someone who is different from you.

i think that, from my own experiences, you have to have some similarities in order to get on, especially later on the in the relationship, otherwise you might end up getting on each other's nerves.

this "attraction" at the start of the relationship can be confused with finding "love" or a "soul mate". at the start of a relationship you have sexual chemistry/lust feelings which can confuse things and also the excitement of meeting/being with someone new.

i have learnt this becuase it just happened to me! i thought i had met my soul mate, we got on very well and talked and talked and the sexual attraction was immense. but in the end (after about 4 months), he started to annoy me/get on my nerves as we were so, so different with our views. he woudl rise early and i would liek to sleep in. i am generous, he wasnt. he was narcisstic, i was kind. too many differences for it to work unfortunately.

no doesnt' have to be

we starting off having complete different interests. He's a computer geek and I'm a party girl, who loves to go shopping and look pretty...when I got to know his interests I joined along with his and vise versa...some I took on as my own which we do together at times ie. working on his camaro and others I have no interest for...those that I have no interest for are what makes him unique.

3) do you think the above two criteria are necessary for a soulmate? No...the criteria is admiration for their traits and quality and getting along/communicating well.

4) any other comments...

Archived