Do I move back home?

I moved to another city a few hours away from my hometown to be with my boyfriend several years ago. I had no friends or family here but loved the city so thought I'd give it a go. During this time, I found a job that I loved that I've been working at for four years and have made some really close friends here. However out of the blue last year said boyfriend walked out on me. It absolutely devastated me and it felt wrong to still be here in his hometown with everything serving as a memory. However I thought I'd stay and try and make my situation work living here. I've moved on but find that I can get so lonely here now and spend most nights in my home by myself and worry that I'm wasting my life away. Like I said i Do have friends here who I see every couple of weeks but they have their own lives. I enjoy my job and the people I work with. Now I'm considering moving back home. I still have friends there and my family. I think id have more of a social life. But I don't like the city and would have to take a slight pay cut.

I'd appreciate any advice on what you think I should do as if I ask people here they tell me to stay or if I ask people there they tell me to move. Thanks

Move back home. Start tuning up your resume and and start looking for places. Start reconnecting to friends, family, coworkers, etc from your home town.

-I moved to another city a few hours away from my hometown to be with my boyfriend.

-However out of the blue last year said boyfriend walked out on me.

-I can get so lonely here now and spend most nights in my home by myself and worry that I'm wasting my life away.

May I ask how old you are? I did the same thing, I move across the country from my hometown to be with my boyfriend 6 years ago now and we broke up, I've moved out and I have a job here I enjoy. I have very few friends and they are mostly busy with their relationships/new children/lives in general, so I also spend most of my nights at home alone. I think, you should weigh the options before you decide to move back home. Moving is expensive and you can't cure your problem by moving from one city to another. You can end up just as anti-social and alone in your hometown, especially since you don't have friends there. What you need to do is start to make more of an effort to get out and socialize on your own. I'm working on that myself. I'm pretty introverted so it can be hard, but I plan to utilize MeetUp.com to go and find some people who share similar interests. You can go anywhere by yourself and just be open to meeting others.

Archived