Boyfriend losing interest in me?

I know this topic is quite a sensitive one, so I will keep it scant. I've been dating my partner (both of us are 19) for over a year now, and for the past 6 months, he has not indicated any interest in sexual intimacy. However, he has told me that he would be more sexually open if he was single ie) Hookups etc. I can't help but feel rejected and alone. I have tried to initiate multiple times, and every time he "isn't in the mood". I have tried to open conversations, telling him I'm very open to trying new things, but he will just get mad with me and tell me I'm being dramatic. He tells me that the issue has nothing to do with me, but considering everything, I'm finding it hard to believe him. Other than this, our relationship is supportive and loving, and has no other prevalent issues. Are there any possible logical reasons why this is happening? I'm practically blaming myself for all of this and it's getting out of hand.

There is nothing wrong with you, except that you have chosen to continue to date this guy.

This has devalued your self worth and made you question yourself, don't you think it was time you found someone who valued you. He has already told you that he does not want to be with you sexually unless he can sleep with others. Your relationship is not loving or supportive, at all.

Dump this guy and find someone worthwhile.

Ok, set yourself and him free. No reason to allow him to reject you . Simply set him free to hookup. Do not accept an open/casual relationship if it's not what you want.

he has not indicated any interest in sexual intimacy. However, he has told me that he would be more sexually open if he was single ie) Hookups etc.

At 19, most people do not have the maturity to maintain long term relationships. It's just a stage of life. Time for you two to part ways and be done. This has nothing to do with you or what you have to offer. The longer you cling on, the worse you'll feel about yourself when you really should be free yourself, having fun, dating other guys. This is your time to figure out yourself and what you do and don't like in a partner. What this relationship is teaching you is that regular sex/intimacy matters to you. Good to know and now time to move on and find that partner who is on the same page as you.

People fall out of love, and relationships run their course. You don't have to have issues of any kind for the attraction to wear off. Being so young, it's pretty natural for things to turn off. The honeymoon phase is over, and those feels can dissolve. He's pretty much telling you that. You can't bring back that obsessed attraction. Listen to what he is saying....he wants to move on.

Archived